🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

TSB Monthly Saver setup problem

Options
2»

Comments

• allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Rallycurve, you were exactly right. 
    I used the chat to resolve the problem. Agent wanted to set up video call. I said I didn't want to go to that trouble, and I’d just raise a complaint with TSB. 
    Within 30 mins. I was contacted by a CS agent who told me the problem was 2 User IDs. I got one for a credit card and one for the current acc. 
    The agent was really excellent. He deleted the second User ID and all else that was necessary and sorted the problem. 
    I’m now back in the App. and can apply for a Monthly Saver Acc.   Success!
    I have to give credit where it is due. The TSB Customer Service agent was excellent. 
    Interesting. I have 2 user IDs and opened Monthly Saver without any problems.
  • 35har1old
    35har1old Posts: 1,188 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options

I have a TSB Current Acc for a few months now and have been trying to open a Monthly Saver (£250 per month at 6%).

Each time I try to sign up for the account I see the info below, NONE of which applies to me. I should be able to open the account. Never had one before.   

Anyone else had this problem?

Customer Service sending it to the back room guys to take a look!

Sorry, but you are not eligible for Monthly Saver

Below are the reasons you may not be eligible for Monthly Saver

• You must be 16 years old or above
    • You must be resident in the UK or must be a UK resident
    • You have a Mayfair sort code (30-16-74)
    • You don't have a current account
    • You already have a Monthly Saver account.

If you have any further questions or to find out why you can't apply for this product call us on 0345 975 8758.

Have you the app installed if so go to manage cards you will likely find that the  card won't be displayed this means you can't apply for the monthly saver because the system doesn't think you have a current account.There is no simple way to sort this I found the quickest way was to open another account.
    I have a debit card for current account but it never appeared on the web page phoned to get it added problem was past to the department to sort but it has been over a month so I don't think it ever will
  • 35har1old
    edited 8 May at 8:22PM
    Options
    TSB computers aren't very reliable. Bound to be a computer system problem 
    I've got two TSB profiles - I wonder if this two profile thing means I'll be able to open another monthly saver? I'll have to give it a go!
    Have you got the details of the 2 profiles and do you have a current on each one
    If they have merged successfully you won't manage to get the second saver if you can see both on your profile it was successful 
    You get a profile every time you
    apply for an account
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    35har1old said:
    I've got two TSB profiles - I wonder if this two profile thing means I'll be able to open another monthly saver? I'll have to give it a go!
    Have you got the details of the 2 profiles and do you have a current on each one
    If they have merged successfully you won't manage to get the second saver if you can see both on your profile it was successful 
    apply for an account
    I've got one current account on one profile, and two current accounts on the other 
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • 35har1old
    Options
    35har1old said:
    apply for an account
    I've got one current account on one profile, and two current accounts on the other 
    Do you have the app and does it show the current accounts and if you go to manage cards does it show all the cards associated with current accounts 
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 May at 10:43AM
    Options
    35har1old said:
    35har1old said:
    apply for an account
    Do you have the app and does it show the current accounts and if you go to manage cards does it show all the cards associated with current accounts 
    The app only shows two of my three current accounts. My other current account is on a different profile, so doesn't show in the app 
    Checking my cards, both the current accounts in the app show the same card!
    Haven't checked which card my other profile shows
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure