TSB Monthly Saver setup problem

Options

I have a TSB Current Acc for a few months now and have been trying to open a Monthly Saver (£250 per month at 6%).

Each time I try to sign up for the account I see the info below, NONE of which applies to me. I should be able to open the account. Never had one before.   

Anyone else had this problem?

Customer Service sending it to the back room guys to take a look!

Sorry, but you are not eligible for Monthly Saver

Below are the reasons you may not be eligible for Monthly Saver

• You must be 16 years old or above
  • You must be resident in the UK or must be a UK resident
  • You have a Mayfair sort code (30-16-74)
  • You don't have a current account
  • You already have a Monthly Saver account.

If you have any further questions or to find out why you can't apply for this product call us on 0345 975 8758.

Digital Payback

The National Lottery : A tax on those who aren’t good at maths.

Comments

• ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

I have a TSB Current Acc for a few months now and have been trying to open a Monthly Saver (£250 per month at 6%).

Each time I try to sign up for the account I see the info below, NONE of which applies to me. I should be able to open the account. Never had one before.   

Anyone else had this problem?

Customer Service sending it to the back room guys to take a look!

Sorry, but you are not eligible for Monthly Saver

Below are the reasons you may not be eligible for Monthly Saver

• You must be 16 years old or above
    • You must be resident in the UK or must be a UK resident
    • You have a Mayfair sort code (30-16-74)
    • You don't have a current account
    • You already have a Monthly Saver account.

If you have any further questions or to find out why you can't apply for this product call us on 0345 975 8758.

Have you ever held a TSB Monthly Saver before, particularly one opened within the last 12 months even if now closed?
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • Digital_Payback
    Digital_Payback Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Never had a TSB Monthly Saver before. 
    Digital Payback

• rallycurve
    rallycurve Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Do you maybe have two TSB profiles (from a previous account with them) that had been merged when you applied for a new account?

I had this same problem and it ended up being that I was logging in with the old user id and using the new one allowed me to apply for the monthly saver. It seems that the merge process didn't fully merge the profiles and each login is still linked to some products.
  • Digital_Payback
    Options
    No, no old profile.
    No previous business at all with the TSB. 
    I opened an account, a current account, in Feb. and have access via the app and website. Until Feb. I have had no dealings whatsoever with the TSB. 
    When I try to apply for the Monthly Saver, both APP and Website show the ‘Sorry, but you are not eligible….’ notice that I posted earlier. 
    Digital Payback

• rallycurve
    rallycurve Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That is strange, but not surprising as TSB systems are a mess.

I contacted customer services via chat on the app and the rep suggested it could be that I did not have a national insurance number on record (despite this not being an ISA!) and asked for evidence to prove this which I could not provide at that moment. I ended up asking to raise a complaint and my chat was transferred to the relevant team who eventually found out about this double profile thing. It took a long time on the chat but just mentioning in case you want to follow that approach too. Let us know if you do solve it!
  • Digital_Payback
    Options
    Thank you, Rallycurve, for that info and your experience. I will await a response from the back room guys, although I’m not sure I have the inclination and energy to persist with the application. 
    If they get it sorted or I get a boost of energy I’ll apply and will certainly update the thread. 
    Thanks again. 
    Digital Payback

• jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd call them to be honest if you haven't already 
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,551 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Why would a Mayfair sort code be held in relation to a TSB account? Mayfair accounts stayed with Lloyds I thought
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 May at 4:59PM
    Options
    TSB computers aren't very reliable. Bound to be a computer system problem 
    I've got two TSB profiles - I wonder if this two profile thing means I'll be able to open another monthly saver? I'll have to give it a go!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Digital_Payback
    Options
    Rallycurve, you were exactly right. 
    I used the chat to resolve the problem. Agent wanted to set up video call. I said I didn't want to go to that trouble, and I’d just raise a complaint with TSB. 
    Within 30 mins. I was contacted by a CS agent who told me the problem was 2 User IDs. I got one for a credit card and one for the current acc. 
    The agent was really excellent. He deleted the second User ID and all else that was necessary and sorted the problem. 
    I’m now back in the App. and can apply for a Monthly Saver Acc.   Success!
    I have to give credit where it is due. The TSB Customer Service agent was excellent. 
    Digital Payback

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback