🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Virgin media will not honour new broadband contract

Options
my Virgin media contract was for to expire so I upgraded the contract on line for a favourable price of £39pcm. Got confirmation email of order and expected date for upgrade. When this didn’t happen contacted Virgin who said online orders sometimes don’t go through and they could only offer me what I’d ordered for £58pcm not the online price. As I’d received order confirmation by email surely they are breaching contact? Virgin not being very helpful and wondered about next steps. 

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,355 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    There are no "next steps". 
    For whatever reason, Virgin is no longer offering the price you wanted, online offer prices are not enforceable, no doubt somewhere in the small print it has words like “subject to” or similar

Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 May at 12:13PM
    Options
    The only real sanction is to move to another provider on another network, you may ( with simply the threat of leaving ) get a better offer , but you may not , if your offer price thats no longer on the table is what a new customer can  get , they may negotiate, if the revised price is close to the new customer price ( obviously comparing exactly the same package) then that probably will be the price , take it or leave it ….as stated , you won’t have any legal way to enforce the deal they originally offered, even if you accepted it in time and it was a system failure that prevented you taking it .
  • jellytee
    jellytee Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Thank you both for the comments, that was very helpful and has given me a way forward
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure