Santander Edge Saver

Options
Hi all, I opened a Santander Edge Current Account (no direct debits to avoid paying the monthly fee) and the attached Edge Saver on 7th April. I was expecting my first interest payment yesterday but haven’t received it yet. The interest payment on my 5.2% Easy Saver arrived as normal. Before I contact them just thought I’d ask if anyone else has had a problem or is it because I’m not using the current account correctly. I know other forumites do the same but have Santander caught on and now not paying interest on the Edge Saver unless you use the current account as you’re meant to. 

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,551 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    1 month + 1 day isn't it? So should be today...
  • RosieRooBear
    RosieRooBear Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    WillPS said:
    1 month + 1 day isn't it? So should be today...
    It’s meant to be paid on the anniversary day which was yesterday, but haven’t received it today either. I’ve now phoned them and they’ve logged it, but did get told it’s possibly because I’m not meeting the terms and conditions of the current account. They’ll get back to me in a couple of days.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mine is supposed to be the 17th but 50% of the time it's sometime on the 18th
  • proudgecko
    proudgecko Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Mine is supposed to be on 14th - but often it arrives late on 15th of each month, for no obvious reason
  • RosieRooBear
    RosieRooBear Posts: 94 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    ColdIron said:
    Mine is supposed to be the 17th but 50% of the time it's sometime on the 18th
    Mine is supposed to be on 14th - but often it arrives late on 15th of each month, for no obvious reason
    Thats good to hear, 🤞it arrives tomorrow
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 420 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May at 2:59PM
    Options
    Would bank holidays affect things?, some months longer than others?, standard weekends?
  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Would bank holidays affect things?, some months longer than others?, standard weekends?
    We've got four of them opened on different dates and the interest always arrives on time, including weekends.
  • jameseonline
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May at 9:09PM
    Options
    We've got four of them opened on different dates and the interest always arrives on time, including weekends.
    Cool, my 1st lot of interest is due around the same time as my First Direct Regular Savings account ends (10th May) 😁

EDIT: 4 Edge savers?
  • allegro120
    allegro120 Posts: 918 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Cool, my 1st lot of interest is due around the same time as my First Direct Regular Savings account ends (10th May) 😁

In order to get four Edge Savers you need to open two sole and one joint Edge Currents. 
  • jameseonline
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options

In order to get four Edge Savers you need to open two sole and one joint Edge Currents. 
    So I can open another Edge Current account, then another Edge Saver, interesting 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback