IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge from Brewerygate Limited

Options
IronMan22
IronMan22 Posts: 59 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hi

I’ve received a Parking Charge from Brewerygate Limited. I’ve previously used the forum for successful defences of private parking charges, but this feels a little different. There are only a couple of threads on here that reference this company, and having read the sticky, I am not sure what the best course of action is. 

At the car park on the day in question, the machines to pay were not working. There is photographic evidence of two of them saying out of service. Another had a yellow cover over it but no photo. M No other machines were seen. At the top of the machine is a sign to indicate that you can also pay via an App (this may or may not be relevant, I am not sure).

I was not driving nor there But I am the keeper.

The letter does say it is a Notice to Keeper. It was received within 14 days of the alleged contravention. It states the company uses IAS for appeals and says they adhere to ATA code of practice. It suggests they are a member of the IPC.

The letter provides no evidence but when looking online there are photos. These are two close up photos of the number plate, and two wider showing the front and rear (slightly blocked plate) with time stamps. 

Should I reply pointing out that the I am the keeper and wasn’t driving and will not be telling them who, will be complaining to the MP/council (no point with landowner as the same people own the land I believe) etc.

or 

Should I point out the machines were not working and show this? (Though this indicates awareness of who was driving)

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure