BT & EE Broadband and Sim deal question

Options
Hi there,

I recently got a new sim card contract with EE for £15/month, would have been £35/month but at the same time I took BT's broadband at £30/month which gave me the £20/month discount on sim contract.

The EE sim gives me apple music as a perk so is great value to me.

My current internet provider is TalkTalk and they just called me to ask about why I'm leaving, and they told me that they could offer me £21/month to stay, with a free gift also (such as Kindle). They told me that because my internet service will be with BT, I will be able to cancel my internet contract within the 14 day cooling off period, and that the EE sim deal will remain valid.

This is surprising to me, and i'm not sure how to go about checking. 

Does anyone have any advice? 

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May at 6:40PM
    Options
    If some of the EE mobile  ‘extras’ are dependent on also having broadband with BT /EE , then regardless of what Talk  Talk are saying, the extras will be removed if you cancel the broadband , it’s pretty obvious really  as I’m sure you already know.
    FWIW , if you are switching broadband on an Openreach ‘line’ , you should only get a sorry to see you leave notice ( and how to cancel the migration if it’s not what you asked for ) they shouldn’t be contacting you and trying to dissuade you from moving providers, I’m fairly sure that’s not allowed , but that alongside the nonsense about keeping your broadband dependent EE mobile discounts without keeping EE/BT broadband, show  the kind of  provider Talk Talk are  , frankly I wouldn’t believe a word they say , they are an appalling outfit 
  • saitorama
    saitorama Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    thank you for your advice, i also called EE to ask them directly and they said the discount would be removed so looks like you are right. BT it is! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback