ONE CLICK - LOSS NOTIFICATION

Options
I recently purchased a buildings policy from One Click/One call. When filling in the details I confirmed we have not made any claims previously on a buildings policy. 16 days later £75 was taken from my account and the monthly payments doubled on the online payment schedule. 

I contacted them to find out why and was told I had not declared a claim on the previous policy with the Post Office. I said I had never made a claim. I did enquire when some floor tiles were cracked but I did not carry the claim through as the tiles were discontinued and sending me a few quid to buy 3 "similar" tiles didn't seem worth pushing up premium. 

I told One Click we never had the claim validated, received money or had repair work done but they said it was still registered as a loss. I asked again if making a call to ask a question was actually noted as a loss/claim and they said it was. To be honest the whole tone was that I had deliberately lied to try for a cheaper premium and I had been found out so had to just suck it up. They felt they were wronged and I feel I was wronged in that this was not revealed until after the 14 day cooling off period (although they did say they had sent an email which I don't have) The policy is effectively now double the original quoted price. 

Can they do this? Can I do anything to have this reversed? 

If I shop around this is obviously sitting on file somewhere and I am unlikely to be any better off. 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You are asked if you have had any losses irrespective if you have claimed or not. 

It sounds like you did make a claim and then withdrew it so not only was there a loss but it was a claim that was registered in the system so now in the counter-fraud databases CUE so other insurers will spot it if you "forget" to mention it in the next 5 years. 

They appear to have at least accepted it was an oversight, had they determined you were intentionally or recklessly "forgetting" to declare then they could void the policy for non-disclosure/fraud and that you'd have to declare for life to all your future insurers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback