Nightmare flights and transports - Help

Options
Good afternoon,

I'm desperately trying to seek some advise.

we were meant to be flying out with WIZZAir to Kosice (Slovakia) on 02/05/2024 for my brother's wedding.
We arrived at Luton airport for just before 8:00am in which first of all my wife received a text messaged with no details from WIZZAir saying our flight had been delayed, we looked on the emails to find that we had received nothing so far on this matter.

As soon as we got into the arrivals that when our fears had became true to find out that our flight W9 5453 (FEUFSS) had in fact been delayed by 12hrs.
We automatically received some food coupon in which we couldn't use as we weren't passed security check in, which we wouldn't be able to go through now for another 7-8 hrs.
After going to and from customer service desk and the check in desk, we then managed to get transfer onto another flight with wizzair but this time to Budapest, as the original flight to Kosice was again delay by another 1.5 hrs, in which we didn't want to risk having to flight out the following morning with us being on a tightline time frame to attend my brothers wedding.

this is when things started to go from bad to worse, after most of my family members getting flights now to Budapest, we were meant to be on the 4:00PM flight in which a member of the wizzair team Whom my wife was on the phone to had said that we were all on, later we had found out that this was in fact not true but only half of us were on the flight and the rest of us including my 2 young sons aged 7 and 9 (in which they were really looking forward to this experience with it being there first flight and all) were now told we were on the 8:00PM flight. (Flight W62206)

After finding this out at least we were on a flight and should be in Kosice for around 3-4AM once we had taken the bus from Budapest which had cost me another £120 and another 3.5 hrs travel time on top.

AGAIN.... the flight was delayed by 30 Minutes causing us to miss out last coach from Budapest to Kosice (In which ive tried speaking with the bus company - FLIXBUS, and they will not refund me) at this point it was 12:30AM and with 2 very tired boys who were also in tears because all they wanted to do was get to the hotel and enjoy what was left of there holiday were unable to find any other buses or even hiring a car to get us there.

We resulting in paying for 2 taxis for the 7 of us at 720 euro total to get us to the hotel in Slovakia and finally arriving there at 6.30AM.

is there anything you could help with on advise on what to do with this issue? as original flights cost us £420 5 of us and an additional £240 for my other brother and his mate on the same flight (Who booked separately), but then we have had to pay £120 for the coach which we missed due to the new flight being delay and another 720 euros for the Taxi fare to get us to our original location. 

Kind Regards
Tom
I look forward to hear from you with some help, advise and guidance.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you haven't already, submit a claim for your expenses to Wizz Air and see what they do with it - you're probably entitled to compensation as well as reimbursement of out of pocket expenses.

https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/prices-discounts/refunds-and-compensations
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,334 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your entitlement:
    1. Compensation for the delay;
    2. 'Care' (food, accommodation, costs of communication) during the delay;
    3. Transport to your final destination: since you agreed to fly into a different airport, they should have provided a bus or other transport to the airport to which you were booked. You should have informed them of this and asked them to arrange the ground transport (perhaps you did and the ticket agent simply forgot about it), and in any case if they failed to book taxis for you then they are certainly required to reimburse the sums that you paid for the taxis.

Forgot all the emotion and the details of upset children, since that is irrelevant to the legalities and simply makes it difficult for people to read what happened.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback