Lebara

Options
skyeblu
skyeblu Posts: 7 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
After MSE's recommendation and glowing reviews I changed from Vodaphone to Lebara and I am having a nightmare 3 weeks after I bought the package. I still can't access data. I have contacted them 7 times by phone and 3 times on live chat. They are very polite and keep telling me to do the same thing so I have installed the software 7 times to no avail. I tried the workaround suggested in another post  but I still have no data access. They are sending me a new SIM  but I am very worried about not being able to use some key apps when I am out as the only way I can be contacted at times is via whats app. I had no trouble with Vodaphone for years and years so I am really regretting trying to save a few £. The irony is that if I go back to Vodaphone I will have to pay more than I was originally. So frustrated. Anybody else had this problem?

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What software are you installing? 

You shouldn’t need to install anything. Most phones will automatically use the correct settings for Lebara and if not it’s straightforward to enter the correct settings, just three lines to change. 

Which phone have you got?
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May at 9:14PM
    Options
    I changed from Vodafone to Lebara on 2 iPhones and apart from 5G never being available it has all been good.
  • oldagetraveller1
    oldagetraveller1 Posts: 1,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Did you receive a text from Lebara? Android.

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,678 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I changed from Vodafone to Lebara on 2 iPhones and apart from 5G never being available it has all been good.
    I've noticed 5G being used a few times now when I was in London but is also now available in my local area with Lebara sim.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • skyeblu
    skyeblu Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I spent an hour in a phone shop today and after they confirmed that the phone was OK.It worked using another provider SIM. They tried the Lebara SIM in another phone the same as mine and it worked. The installation of the SIM (as well as having tried 7x advised by Lebara)  was OK. At the end of every possible attempt to make the SIM work they said that they had no idea what was wrong. They said that Lebara would probably find a workaround eventually. I gave in and exchanged my phone for a reconditioned one so my potential savings have been used to acquire another phone. The only bright thing is that I now have a slightly newer phone which works. Thanks for the comments above. Just one of those things apparently. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback