IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Groupnexus query

Options
Hi Parking Experts 
I have spent a few days reading all your amazing advice 
My query is as follows 
I’m  disabled and parked in a retail outlet carpark in Aylesbury where you get 2 hours free then pay to group nexus 
I parked in disabled bay by Lidl and shopped then wanted to shop in B and M which was on opposite side of the park - it was super busy and it was quicker to leave by the exit where I entered and where I stopped outside the park at another shop and then re enter by the second entrance when I then managed to park in disabled area by B. And M and shopped again 
(so in practice - entered, left and re entered the car park )
I completed my shopping and left 
I got a PCN 15 days later in the post stating I’d gone over the 2 hours and had now got a penalty
The registered keeper is my husband who I’m separated from so the PCN is in his name 
he appealed online saying I was disabled and had taken longer without my knowledge (he didn’t know I’d gone in and out ) and didn’t say I was the driver 
but sent a pic of my disabled badge 
(yes I’m furious 😡 but it’s done now )
They refused the appeal 
can I do anything ? He didn’t say he was the driver either and has now handed me a £170 reminder (still addressed to him )

annoying and awkward due to our martial situation and even more annoying as I didn’t over stay but went in and out within a two hour period 
it’s now over the POPLA appeal time I believe so I just wanted to ask the experts if I’m banging my head against a brick wall trying to appeal this 

honestly I could scream 
thanks in advance to anyone who has the time to offer advice and answer
and apologies if there is a post somewhere or thread I have missed when I have been reading through as I appreciate it’s annoying if this has been covered (but I couldn’t see it anywhere )

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May at 4:14PM
    Options
    No penalty was issued, just a parking charge notice, an invoice for the alleged breach of the parking contract on that private property, to the RK who is not you , by Group Nexus 

If the pcn is not in your own name, you are not legally involved, UNLESS the RK named you as the driver ( if true. )

The newbies FAQ sticky thread in announcements tells everyone to follow plan A , a complaint to the landowner, in this case to the retail park management team in charge of the retail park on behalf of the landowner, especially citing the Equality Act 2010 in your case

Plan A is definitely the best option here 

• Jod13
    Jod13 Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s great, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to me 😀 and I’ve already done that as per the newbies thread sorry I forgot to include that so I will keep you posted when I hear back from them but for now I should call the debt people ?(just found a letter delivered to him on Saturday ) or just leave it and wait?
    I know legally I can walk away but on a personal level I need to sort it or it will make life even more complicated than it already is and I don’t feel that I should pay it if I wasn’t in contravention of their rules as I went in and out)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jod13 said:
    ...but for now I should call the debt people ?
    Where did you get that idea from?

Never ever phone anyone about this, for two reasons...
    1) there is no proof of the conversation, and
    2) you will be tricked into saying the wrong thing.
  • Gr1pr
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May at 5:40PM
    Options
    Nobody should be contacting powerless debt collectors, just file their letters away somewhere, see post 4 of the Newbies thread by coupon mad

You cannot sort it, its not in your name , although you can write as an occupant of the vehicle to complain about it to the retail park management team or landowner and get it cancelled, that being the best option for you or for the keeper 

Its too late for the keeper to appeal, but not too late for that keeper to name the driver, they are an adult and the PCN is in their name at the moment, so as RK they are legally responsible at the moment, because its their own name on their V5c whether you or they like it or don't like it, when people sign contracts or obtain legal documents, the responsibility comes with them, personal feelings don't enter into it, just procedures and processes 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Certainly NEVER ring the debt crawlers!

I think he should name you as the driver, because you are on this forum and we can help you better once the letters come to you.

Which PPC?

What happened when you tried PLAN A?

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jod13
    Options

I think he should name you as the driver, because you are on this forum and we can help you better once the letters come to you.

Which PPC?

What happened when you tried PLAN A?

Which PPC?

What happened when you tried PLAN a

thanks Coupon - mad for your time replying firstly 👍🏼
    I haven’t heard back from them yet (Plan A )
    - I’m ok to chase them up (the land owner )
    tho I presume ? 
    It’s group nexus / CP Plus Ltd 

so I’ll get ex hubby to name me - just checking , I’ll get him to notify Nexus ?

I will def not call the debt scroungers

thanks again for all your help once more 
  • Jod13
    Options
    Gr1pr said:
    Nobody should be contacting powerless debt collectors, just file their letters away somewhere, see post 4 of the Newbies thread by coupon mad

You cannot sort it, its not in your name , although you can write as an occupant of the vehicle to complain about it to the retail park management team or landowner and get it cancelled, that being the best option for you or for the keeper 

Its too late for the keeper to appeal, but not too late for that keeper to name the driver, they are an adult and the PCN is in their name at the moment, so as RK they are legally responsible at the moment, because its their own name on their V5c whether you or they like it or don't like it, when people sign contracts or obtain legal documents, the responsibility comes with them, personal feelings don't enter into it, just procedures and processes 

KeithP said:
    Jod13 said:

KeithP said:
    Jod13 said:

Ok great advice - thanks Keith 
    sorry just double checking everything to make sure I don’t hash it up after reading so many threads on here 
  • Jod13
    Options
    GR1 pr 
    ok great advice - looking for the post about debt collectors again 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Post 4 of the Newbies thread.  My signature tells everyone how to get there in 2 clicks.

Yes the keeper uses the transfer of liability slip on the first NTK, giving your name and postal address as the driver.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gr1pr
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The parking company, Group Nexus, are definitely not the landowner, so no assumptions please 

Group nexus are the parking company, contracted by the managing agent on behalf of the landowner 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback