IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Another overstay with a Blue badge.

Options
So I am helping someone who overstayed a 2 hour limit by about 30mins.  Plenty of signs but none by the disabled bays.   I will use a similar template to previous ones which I am sure will be turned down and then hope a POPLA one succeeds. here are some pics showing disabled parking bays, drive towards them and notice on entrance and pedestrian exit.

Comments

• knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK thanks for the advice I will now proceed with finding out who landowner is and the planning permission details.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lack of advertising consent is more important than lack of planning permission, but getting a landowner cancellation is the priority. Make sure to highlight the fact that the landowner is jointly liable for the actions of its agent, the parking company, and is therefore jointly liable for any breach of the EA 2010, which may be a criminal offence.
    Also point out how much was spent, and how there will be no return visits if every shopping trip comes with a £100 parking invoice.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • knightstyle
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.  It now turns out that they did not park in a disabled bay, after waiting for one to become available they moved on and parked further away from the pedestrian exit thus taking longer to get into the shopping centre.
    It seems the land is owned by Morrisons so I will be drafting a letter to them, any contacts there?

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 554 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 May at 6:55PM
    Options
    As its a shopping centre, I doubt that it is owned by Morrisons 

Plus Morrisons tend to use ECP , Euro Car Parks , a BPA AOS member, not Excel 

It says Jackson Criss on here 

https://completelyretail.co.uk/scheme/isaac-newton-centre-grantham-4234

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree.

Morrisons won't have taken on Excel & they aren't the managing agents of this retail park.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • knightstyle
    Options
    Got this from the Town Centre Spatial Masterplan, so I think it is owned by Morrisons.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback