Abbey Wealth - whats happenjng

Options
I have been with Abbey Wealth for a while now and getting no luck contacting them or getting hold of my advisor. Anyone else having any issues? 

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been with Abbey Wealth for a while now and getting no luck contacting them or getting hold of my advisor. Anyone else having any issues? 
    Is that the Abbey Wealth that ceased authorisation in November 2023?  (WC2A 3PE)
    Or is it the Abbey Wealth that is an agent of St James Place? (PE9 2GR)
    Or is it the Abbey Wealth based on Dublin that ended its FCA authorisations in December 2023? 

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Guildfordmover
    Guildfordmover Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there anything you could recommend? Thanks
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Is there anything you could recommend? Thanks
    Which Abbey Wealth is it?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Guildfordmover
    Guildfordmover Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is from their website so looks like it’s the Dublin

https://abbeywealth.com/about/

For clients in the EU, AFS Wealth Management & Insurance Advisers Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, Licence C143069, operates a branch in Spain under freedom of establishment and also advises clients in other EU countries under our freedom of services. In Switzerland AWM Advisers S.A. is a fully regulated adviser, regulated under Swiss law by Polyreg, an appointed SRO recognised by FINMA. Our membership is a reference for AML standards in Switzerland. Regulated advice ensures we are always working with our clients interests in mind.

• dunstonh
    Options
    They still exist and are still working.   It is confusing as they have given up their authorisation to offer regulated financial services to UK residents.   However, their website says they still cover the UK.  Probably hasn't been updated yet.

If you are a UK resident, then you need to either switch to DIY or use a different advice firm.   If you are non-resident then you can still use them via their Dublin office or other appropriate overseas office.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback