Evicting 25 year old son

Options
Moonface72
Moonface72 Posts: 2 Newbie
First Anniversary
My son works very part time,   doesn't pay me any board as doesn't think he has to!  I want him out.  Any ideas? 

Comments

• Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,418 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Stop cooking for him, doing his washing, having sky / cable TV, financially supporting him, anything else making him so comfortable he doesn't have to work.
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you buying food for him? washing for him? cooking for him?
  • bluelad1927
    bluelad1927 Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you told him you want him  out? What was his response 
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    My son works very part time,   doesn't pay me any board as doesn't think he has to!  I want him out.  Any ideas? 
     I had my nephew living with me who didn't work regularly or full time nor did he study.
     I eventually told him he had 3 months to make arrangements to get a job and pay his own way or go to College with me paying or move out. 

he went to college which still left me paying but it eventually got him into a full time job and moved into his own flat. 
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,367 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You could simply bundle up all his things and put them outside and change all the locks.  But a bit of a firm warning would be good.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,074 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Clearly more going on here than your one line post. Time for a family discussion.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • T.T.D
    T.T.D Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You tell him he has a date to be out by. 

Leave the number for the councils homelessness team and then give him a text with the housing register link and and number and tell him to get that done before the day he need be out.

You then withdraw all financial support and support to sustain his lifestyle. 

If there are issues going on at home seek help through local support agencies or your GP or Social Services. Don't suffer alone in silence. 
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,740 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    gwynlas said:
    You have asked this without providing any context. Are there two parents involved and is this idea shared?/ Are there any other siblings who have been supported? Did he work or attend college previously lose his job become tll? Do you provide him with all food clothing and other creature comforts?. Have you discussed this with any other members of the family and what are  their views? Why have you allowed this to continue unaddressed for so long?
    +1 to this ^^^^.

Nobody can give any useful advice on the limited information provided by the OP.

I'd add:
    What have you said to him about the situation and what was his response?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback