Port in issues

Options
Dipak
Dipak Posts: 215 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hello,

I recently switched to Asda Mobile and transferred my number to them. Everything went smoothly until my port-in date arrived. Unfortunately, right after that, I lost all signal and couldn't access 3G/4G, making my phone unusable. Despite numerous calls to Asda Mobile and promises of a fix, after 10 days of no service, I decided to switch to Lebara.

I've been with Lebara for 4 days now, and my number was successfully ported over on May 2, 2024. I received confirmation on that day, and my phone worked fine. However, on May 3, 2024, I lost signal again and couldn't make or receive calls. I've contacted Lebara daily since then, but I haven't received much help. Each time, I'm told it will take 24 hours to resolve, but it's been 2 days now without any response or solution. I've filed a complaint with Lebara, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I should do.

I'm really struggling without a working phone, especially since I can't be contacted when I'm not connected to Wi-Fi.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Each time I speak to their call center, it's becoming more and more frustrating.

Thank you,
D

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Please can you explain exactly what you mean by lost signal?

Also, please can you explain exactly what happened when you ported into Asda, from the point that your previous provider’s SIM lost service (by which I mean no signal showed, you couldn’t use calls or texts or data and the phone showed a message such as SIM not provisioned)

One final thing - when you originally got this number what network was it on. 
  • Dipak
    edited 5 May at 5:29PM
    Options
    PHK said:
    Please can you explain exactly what you mean by lost signal?

Also, please can you explain exactly what happened when you ported into Asda, from the point that your previous provider’s SIM lost service (by which I mean no signal showed, you couldn’t use calls or texts or data and the phone showed a message such as SIM not provisioned)

One final thing - when you originally got this number what network was it on. 
    Of course, so by lost signal I mean there is no reception on my phone and I’m unable to make or receive calls or SMS. 3G/4G is also not working. 

My new SIM card from Asda had a temporary number and when I activated it, it worked fine. I followed the port in process with Asda and my previous provider disconnected my sim on the day Asda confirmed that my port in request was successfully actioned (I received an email from Asda confirming this) However don’t think it was actually complete because when I spoke with Asda to tell them that my sim wasn’t working and that I’m not able to make or receive calls or sms after they confirmed by email that port in was completed, they said files were still being transferred, this was 1 day after my port in date with Asda. 

Originally my number was with Orange, I’ve had it for years hence I don’t want to lose it. Over the years I’ve ported into Vodafone, O2, Sky etc and never had any problems so not sure why I’m having problems now.

Hope that clarifies, any other questions please let me know 
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi. Asda and lebara both use vodafone, and it appears you are more likely to encounter issues porting between providers that use the same carrier network. Normally though that is likely to affect incoming calls from other networks or outgoing calls.
    Who did you port to asda from?
    And what happens if you try to ring your number from another phone? Or indeed calls either of your temporary numbers?

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It sounds like the ASDA sim was not re-provisioned (on porting day) So you saw no signal bars. Probably also a split port. 

One thing to do is to try the SIM in a different handset. It may be the phone has been blocked. 

• Dipak
    Options
    Just tried switching phone off and restarted it and it’s now working 😊

I've made calls and received calls so hopefully it’s just fixed itself. I can see the reception bars have returned too.

Thanks for all your help on this matter all 👏
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure