IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

RTM Private parking company

Options
124»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 10 May at 7:28PM
    Options
    I think maybe your answer is an emergency injunction by a solicitor and demand that the RTM pays for your costs or the solicitor will sue.  See Roger Davey v UKPC:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/324523-ukpc-issuing-pcns-on-our-private-business-land-without-a-contract-off-to-court-ukpc-liable-for-trespass-success/

Be aware I am only posting that for the info about the case.  Do NOT seek advice from the unfriendly and largely clueless lot who post on CAG.  Stick with us.

You don't have LEGAL COVER in your house insurance do you?  Perfect if so, because a free solicitor's letter might be enough to stop them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think maybe your answer is an emergency injunction by a solicitor and demand that the RTM pays for your costs or the solicitor will sue.  See Roger Davey v UKPC:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/324523-ukpc-issuing-pcns-on-our-private-business-land-without-a-contract-off-to-court-ukpc-liable-for-trespass-success/

Be aware I am only posting that for the info about the case.  Do NOT seek advice from the unfriendly and largely clueless lot who post on CAG.  Stick with us.

You don't have LEGAL COVER in your house i insurance do you?  Perfect if so, because a free solicitor's letter might be enough to stop them.
    ... or with a bank account or as a union member. It's always worth looking through any financial products/loyalty schemes etcetera to see if there are any useful freebies.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    @vaders have you seen the thread by h2g2 who has said that their case is with the The Property Ombudsman Service.

h2g2 
    said on their thread about similar issues:

They tell me that there's a backlog of cases and I should expect to wait four months to get any sort of response from them.
    It's so frustrating that however I approach this it's going to take months. I'm not sure if it's better to go headlong into starting legal action. On the one hand, trying to resolve it through the Ombudsman is correct, on the other hand there is a need to get things resolved faster.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback