My life insurance policy DD is paid from my wife’s bank account.

Options
Many years ago when I had debt problems to make sure the payment for my life insurance was paid, we set it up through my partners’s bank account.
The insurance company didn’t object, but now I’m thinking would there be a problem for my partner if anything happened to me?

It isn’t a big policy, just over thinking, they are getting the payments without fail, any thought please.

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Bosie said:
    Many years ago when I had debt problems to make sure the payment for my life insurance was paid, we set it up through my partners’s bank account.
    The insurance company didn’t object, but now I’m thinking would there be a problem for my partner if anything happened to me?

It isn’t a big policy, just over thinking, they are getting the payments without fail, any thought please.

Don't see how it could cause problems. So long as they are making the payments it shouldn't matter.
  • tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Agree it shouldn't matter, but you could call them up and arrange for the DD to come from your own bank account. They won't mind and won't ask any questions. 
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nope. no issue

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    When my siblings and I reached a certain age my parents stopped having life insurance and instead bought health policies for us that they paid for for decades.  Never was an issue when any of us needed to claim.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,898 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    As long as the premiums are being paid the insurer won't care who's account they are coming from.
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The most likely cause of a problem would be if your partner died before you, in which case her accounts would be frozen and the DD to pay your life insurance would fail. For this reason it would make sense to move payments either to your account or a joint account (the latter would become a sole account for the survivor on first death).
    One other thing is that you say wife in the thread title but use partner in the post, are you actually married (or in a civil partnership)? If not then having Wills is an important factor too (as is having LPAs, but that's true for everybody).
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry late getting back, thank you for your reply should be partner, we were married years ago, divorced and decided to live together.SiliconChip said:
    The most likely cause of a problem would be if your partner died before you, in which case her accounts would be frozen and the DD to pay your life insurance would fail. For this reason it would make sense to move payments either to your account or a joint account (the latter would become a sole account for the survivor on first death).
    One other thing is that you say wife in the thread title but use partner in the post, are you actually married (or in a civil partnership)? If not then having Wills is an important factor too (as is having LPAs, but that's true for everybody).

• Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just like to say thanks for all replies, has helped.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback