Evri or urban outfitters taking no responsibility

Options
Jimmithecat
Jimmithecat Posts: 250 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 3 May at 7:28PM in Praise, vent & warnings
My daughter ordered £260 worth of clothing from Urban Outfitters intending to try them on and send unwanted items back .

The package arrived - photographed at the door - with only 3 of the 9 items - the other items were missing - the missing items totalling over £200!

On contacting urban outfitters they inform her there is nothing they can do as it was checked and weighed when it left them so take it up with evri.

Evri say it has been delivered and the chatbot tells you to contact the sender for a potential replacement or refund - when you ask for ‘more help with this parcel’ of course it goes no where.

Any suggestions or help anyone can offer ?

Comments

• Jimmithecat
    Options
    Here was the response from Urban Outfitters

• Jimmithecat
    Options

And as would be expected from Evri

• El_Torro
    El_Torro Posts: 1,488 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It’s the seller’s responsibility to make sure the items arrive at their destination. If this doesn’t happen you are entitled to a refund:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-you-ordered-hasnt-been-delivered/

How did your daughter pay for the goods? If it was by credit card then the bank may be able to give a refund since the goods she paid for didn’t arrive. 
  • Jimmithecat
    edited 3 May at 8:15PM
    Options
    Thanks for your response - the citizens advice information is very useful
    she paid on her Monzo debit card
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    My daughter ordered £260 worth of clothing from Urban Outfitters intending to try them on and send unwanted items back .

The package arrived - photographed at the door - with only 3 of the 9 items - the other items were missing - the missing items totalling over £200!

On contacting urban outfitters they inform her there is nothing they can do as it was checked and weighed when it left them so take it up with evri.

Evri say it has been delivered and the chatbot tells you to contact the sender for a potential replacement or refund - when you ask for ‘more help with this parcel’ of course it goes no where.

Any suggestions or help anyone can offer ?

Was the packaging big enough ot have contained  the missing items?

Was the package damaged in anuway to indicate it had been opened?
  • Jimmithecat
    Options
    Yes the packaging was large enough - it had been folded over and resealed - unfortunately the photos do t show this clearly enough

• TeaBee72
    TeaBee72 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    El_Torro said:
    It’s the seller’s responsibility to make sure the items arrive at their destination. If this doesn’t happen you are entitled to a refund:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-you-ordered-hasnt-been-delivered/

How did your daughter pay for the goods? If it was by credit card then the bank may be able to give a refund since the goods she paid for didn’t arrive. 
    This is top advice. I had problems recently and the retailer tried to blame the delivery agent/me. After quoting the above they reversed their decision. They try their luck but don’t give in :) 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback