Cash ISA transfer from Santander to KRBS

Options
Just a post to praise KRBS and Santander for their speed of transferring a cash ISA.

Fixed term Santander cash ISA matured yesterday, 02/05/2024. Three weeks ago, I had requested a transfer to KRBS upon maturity. The transfer request has been confirmed back then by both, KRBS and Santander.

Today, 03/05/2024, the ISA disappeared from my list of Santander accounts, and KRBS confirmed by email that "deposit has been applied to your account" and that I "don't need to take any further action". In other [easier] words, my ISA transfer has now been completed.

All I need to do now is check that my KRBS ISA balance updates overnight, including the closing interest payment from Santander. Unfortunately, I cannot see the Santander closing balance online but I trust they will send me a closing statement by snail mail. I have kept a screenshot of the Santander closing balance  myself.

All in all, it's been a good experience and the transfer speed was five star 
:)

Comments

• subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I did a similar transfer of a Santander ISA to Aldermore. Arranged 2 weeks ago to be transferred on maturity (1st May). Money was transferred on 2nd May. Excellent service. Can't fault the transfer.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Similar here, between Santander & Virgin Money. Transfer requested 4 April (on maturity). Acknowledged by both. Santander interest updated 2 May & funds appeared in VM same day. 
  • subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 May at 1:07PM
    Options
    Seems like Santander win the gold medal for fast transfers.
    It's a shame that none of their current ISA offerings are competitive.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback