WiFi Hub Manager - Security

Options
lozzzi
lozzzi Posts: 8 Forumite
First Post
edited 3 May at 2:14PM in Broadband & internet access
Hi All

as an anxious person, I’ve noticed that upon logging into the website at work, company website that is. It’s sent out an email to the entire company with my IP address, which is fine. 

What’s concerned me is it also sent out this link within the automated email: 

User hostname: host(number)-(number)-(number)-(number).range(number)-(number).btcentralplus.com

I've blocked out some of the numbers for privacy. But they are 2 digit numbers - whereby when I click the link it takes me to my WiFi hub manager. 

Now I’m panicking that someone could access my hub manager remotely and get up to some pretty bad stuff, as it takes me directly to my hub - I’ve changed all passwords (admin + security pass)

but now I’m worried. I work for a big company, a lot of people in very techy roles. I’d like to think the best in people and that they wouldn’t hack but I’m panicking, as out of 100s of people.. I don’t trust

I only spotted this today, and wondered if any1 could provide some reassurance.

(The email came from wordfence plugin, as the website has two factor authentication)

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Try opening the link on your mobile phone, when not connected to your wifi. I suspect you cannot access your wifi hub as this should not be accessible from outside your local network.
  • lozzzi
    lozzzi Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Mark_d said:
    Try opening the link on your mobile phone, when not connected to your wifi. I suspect you cannot access your wifi hub as this should not be accessible from outside your local network.
    Yeah on my phone on 4G I can’t access!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure