MyMSE button keeps asking me to login

Options
Bluebells99
Bluebells99 Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
Hi
I'm using the app on android, I'm logged in (as you can see) but now when I click the MyMSE button at the bottom (hand with coin) it tells me to login.
When I go to login it doesn't let me do it, says it's not recognised.

Help please.

Comments

• MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,225 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    Hi @Bluebells99  - when you try to log in to MyMSE, are you using your forum account details? If so, that won't work. 

MyMSE is a separate system that you need to register for separately.

We're gradually reducing the number of different types of MSE accounts by bringing together the logins for MyMSE and the Cheap Energy Club / Credit Club.
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Bluebells99
    Options
    MSE_James said:
    Hi @Bluebells99  - when you try to log in to MyMSE, are you using your forum account details? If so, that won't work. 

MyMSE is a separate system that you need to register for separately.

We're gradually reducing the number of different types of MSE accounts by bringing together the logins for MyMSE and the Cheap Energy Club / Credit Club.
    Hi, I'm using my normal MSE username and password which I use to access the web etc
  • MSE_James
    Options
    Without giving away any personal details, please could you be more specific about what you mean by "normal MSE username" and "access the web"? 

Have you tried tapping the 'Don't have an account? Register' option?  If you've not used MyMSE or the Credit Club previously, then any other MSE account you might have (eg the Forum or Cheap Energy Club) won't work because they are different things.

(Yes we are well aware that it is confusing to have so many types of MSE account and we are working to drastically simply things :smile: )
  • Bluebells99
    Options
    Maybe I'm getting confused 🤔 
    I tried going on MSE website but it just opens the app.

I'll click the register bit and see if it lets me create it with same email.

Thanks
  • Bluebells99
    Options
    Ok, I've registered on that page now.

Just confused, it all worked fine on Bluebells login and have my saved pages on it.
    Now it's different.

Thank you for your help
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been having similar problems with access on my phone for the last few days. 

It seems to be random rather than every time.

Instead of the silhouette appearing in the top right corner there's a box with an arrow. Clicking on that asks me to log in but on that page the silhouette appears in the corner so I can ignore the log in, click on and it 'recognises' me and I can continue. 

I'm guessing it's one of the unintended consequences of the most recent update a few days ago. ☹️
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's "MyMSE"?
  • MSE_James
    edited 7 May at 9:17AM
    Options
    'MyMSE' is the personalised part of the MSE app for iOS and Android. It does not as yet encapsulate the forum, so you need a separate forum account (though some people choose to use the same details for both). More info here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/the-moneysavingexpert-app/ 

@maman - what sort of phone are you using?  And do you have the MSE app installed? 
  • maman
    Options
    Thanks for replying @MSE_James.

I have an android phone and access via the website. I don't have the app installed.

The situation has worsened since I last posted and now sometimes reverts to the login screen when I go to Latest Threads or Followed content.

No problem on my desktop though. 
  • maman
    Options
    maman said:
    Thanks for replying @MSE_James.

I have an android phone and access via the website. I don't have the app installed.

The situation has worsened since I last posted and now sometimes reverts to the login screen when I go to Latest Threads or Followed content.

No problem on my desktop though. 
    Problem still persists. ☹️
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport