Landline charges when leaving Virgin

Options
I wanted to end my broadband, TV and landline contract with Virgin.  I initially planned to port my home phone number to Vodafone but when I heard there was a charge asked Vodafone to cancel this and I would take out a new number with them.  My wife still needs a landline for her call outs at the hospital.  I learned 5 months later that Virgin had not cancelled the landline with them but rather cancelled my request to cancel (double negative).  I was charged £90 before I noticed.

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 574 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So you received (letter/email) confirmation of the Virgin services you were cancelling...and 5 months later you noticed there were continuing to take money from your account?  Were you receiving monthly bills, electronically or otherwise) detailing what your monthly payment was for?
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Because you didn’t port the number to Vodafone, Virgin didn’t get any notification from VF , so you as well as informing VM of quitting TV and broadband also need to inform them to cease the landline as VM treat each service separately, so it’s possible to keep a the phone service service after getting rid of the TV and broadband….if you didn’t specifically tell them to cease the phone , they haven’t really done anything wrong , if you did tell them to cease all 3 things then you have a case but how to prove it ….presumably you got letter/email etc confirming service ending , saying goodbye and that they hope you would consider them again in the future, that’s what I got when I left VM 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback