Delivery of new lease car with Damage

Options
f4ydo
f4ydo Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi there,first-time poster, and haven't been able to find similar.

I had a new car delivered in February through a work salary sacrifice scheme with Zenith.

Unfortunately there were a few scratches and marks on the external of the vehicle, as well as markings and damage inside. I went through the vehicle with the delivery driver who took photos and I also took my own time-stamped photos. 

The delivery report was sent to the dealer and lease company (I assume but havent had confirmed) and I sent an email the next day to the lease company to explain the damage and ask what would happen next.

For the past 2 and a bit months, I've been passed around and ignored, with a brand new expensive car scratched on the drive. It's put a sour taste in the month on what should have been an exciting time for myself.
Work say they just authorise the lease so they have no part.
Zenith have been completely silent, and just said we've let the dealer know
The dealer, Lookers, seems to have passed my details round various companies with mis-information, including a company when I was going to return my completed lease vehicle????

What else can I do? Can I get the issues fixed myself and be confident of claiming them back?
Is there an ombudsman for this sort of thing?
Feel like I've been given a product and service that doesn't fit what I'm paying for month on month.

Thanks in advance

F4ydo

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you made a formal written complain through Zenith?  If you have, and have been unsuccessful then maybe try the motor obudsman
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'd have rejected the vehicle upon delivery. 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,700 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would not be paying for the damage to be repaired. End of the day you will be returning the car, as you never own it. Just keep proof of the damage, then you can not be charged for the damage when returned.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mark_d said:
    Have you made a formal written complain through Zenith?  If you have, and have been unsuccessful then maybe try the motor obudsman
    If the OP hasn't started the formal complaint process, then he should do so today.

Also, the leasing company are policed by the FS Ombudsman, not the motor one. They are taken very seriously by the finance industry, so I'd mention it in my letter of complaint.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's not your car.  You have already informed the lease company of the damage.  There's nothing else you need to do.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,005 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you've exhausted Zenith's procedures, try the BVRLA
  • Penelopa.Pitstop
    Penelopa.Pitstop Posts: 1,148 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you called Zenith? I had a lease with them and they answered calls promptly and were easy to deal with.

Dealer should fix it or pay for fixing it and Zenith should help facilitate it. 

• peter12345678910
    peter12345678910 Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Zenith are a trust worthy company. A few people at my work place have used it. I will report it, as you are-will be paying monthly for a car delivered in pristine condition but it is not....

They will probably send u another car. Maybe the scratches occurred in the transportation process.

No point keeping it if it is not new and pristine. You might as well buy an old car with scratches with one payment and throw in some DIY servicing and compound polishing!

Return To Sender as Elvis Presley once sang?
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. Nietzsche

Please note that at no point during this work was the kettle ever put out of commission and no chavs were harmed during the making of this post.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback