Damaged golf clubs after easyJet flight

Options
Hi. After easy jet flight we had to mini-bus from North to South terminal with our luggage close behind. 15 out of 16 golf bags arrived but mine did not. The belt stopped, still nothing so I reported it and went home.
They found it and it was delivered the next day but the outer travel bag was destroyed as if it had been run over and dragged along and one club was snapped with two others dented or scraped.
i registered this with them but after a month have heard very little to suggest it is being taken seriously and dealt with.
I have tried to contact the Gatwick damaged luggage/contents department but it’s hard.
Is it time to contact a solicitor who deals with small claims?
any advice appreciated.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,450 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The point of the small claims process is that it's intended to be simple enough to negate any requirement for engaging with a solicitor, so you should be able to do this yourself, starting with a formal Letter Before Action (templates available on here and elsewhere).

You say that you've "heard very little to suggest it is being taken seriously and dealt with", but what exactly have they said thus far, i.e. have they acknowledged receipt of the claim?
  • Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So your flight arrived in Gatwick North terminal.  You then took a minibus to the South Terminal towing your luggage behind you?  Were the golf bags with your luggage?  Who provided the minibus service?

I think the easiest thing to do would be for you to make a clam for lost/damaged golf equipment under your travel insurance.  If your travel insurance doesn't cover golf equipment then maybe they could process the claim as "personal baggage", although the compensation would be less.

Whilst you could potentially pursue a claim against the airport/airline, I imagine that their liability does not cover the cost of your broken and damaged golf clubs. Engaging a solicitor is likely to be a significant waste of time and money.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback