Sky Q problems

Options
We have a temporary problem with Sky Q - due to scaffolding, affecting the signal - we are unable to watch mainly BBC1 - So to start with, I used a work around and used CATCH UP (by pressing the select button a minute after the programs start and downloading them - watching them "live + 1 minute) - but the signal has now got even worse and I am unable to even get a signal on BBC1 so cannot "start" catch up
This led to a question - "where does the sky Q record signal originate - INTERNET or DISH ?
And can I delay the program using any other method - Sky go on my tablet for example ?
And why are BBC2 / 3 / 4 / 90 % of channels fine - just BBC1 disappeared ?

Comments

• Peppa537
    Peppa537 Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If you record a live tv show then that's obviously using the signal from the dish. If you download to the Q box from catch up then that's using broadband. 
  • MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 2 May at 1:13PM
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    If you record a live tv show then that's obviously using the signal from the dish. If you download to the Q box from catch up then that's using broadband. 
    So if I record using sky go - TO the box - delayed by 1 minute 
    It should then be viewable straight away on the TV? 
  • MouldyOldDough
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    And what if I'm recording 3 or 4 channels live at the same time? 
  • Peppa537
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    That's all using the dish still. I don't know the answer to your Sky Go question. 
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sy Q can receive 4 channels via the dish simultaneously.
  • MouldyOldDough
    edited 6 May at 9:02AM
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Peppa537 said:
    That's all using the dish still. I don't know the answer to your Sky Go question. 

But apparently not - if you delay the start of the program by a few seconds by pressing SELECT and using BBC Iplayer and equivalent on other channels !!
    I don't know what that facility is really called - but it pops up on many channels when you switch on to watch live TV.......
    It definately uses the broadband signal - because I can get a perfect signal on all channels (unlike BBC1 which constantly breaks up due to poor signal from the dish)
  • Peppa537
    Options
    Peppa537 said:
    Peppa537 said:

But apparently not - if you delay the start of the program by a few seconds by pressing SELECT and using BBC Iplayer and equivalent on other channels !!
    I don't know what that facility is really called - but it pops up on many channels when you switch on to watch live TV.......
    It definately uses the broadband signal - because I can get a perfect signal on all channels (unlike BBC1 which constantly breaks up due to poor signal from the dish)
    If you already know the answer why come on here asking? I already said I didn't know regarding Sky Go, my answer was if you set up to record on the Sky Q box, the signal is definitely via the dish. If you record via Sky Go with a delay it may download over BB from catchup, but I don't know. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback