Ex Shell customers

Options
psullivan
psullivan Posts: 3 Newbie
First Anniversary First Post
Octopus had any decency they’d waive the Shell tariff exit fees as a kind gesture as we’re in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Who would stay with Octopus after September if they won’t waive the exit fee? They could lose a lot of ex-Shell customers who are paying more than existing Octopus customers. Octopus dropped exit fees last year for their existing customers yet they’re enforcing exit fees on ex-Shell customers. There should be an ex-Shell group on Twitter or fb, shame them, I went on Shell fixed tariff after being given an inaccurate, dishonest estimate of how much I would be paying, daylight robbery. Also they shouldn’t have been offering fixed tariffs like that if they knew they were going to be selling the business.

Comments

• BarelySentientAI
    BarelySentientAI Posts: 668 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You're probably not going to get the sort of response that you are expecting on this board.

Perhaps consider looking on the praise/vent/warning board instead?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/praise-vent-warnings
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Octopus had any decency they’d waive the Shell tariff exit fees as a kind gesture as we’re in the middle of a cost of living crisis

You could have moved to Octopus, and got a £50 golden hello (with an easily obtainable referral code), if you'd acted when the takeover was announced.

• Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Octopus honoured the tariff you had chosen with Shell. They did the same for all those who were transferred. You don't really have anything to complain about there.

Octopus haven't "dropped" exit fees for those who already had them on their tariffs, they have issued new fixes without exit fees. Existing customers would have to pay the exit fee if they switched to the new tariff.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • CouldntResist
    CouldntResist Posts: 96 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 May at 12:57PM
    Options
    psullivan said:
    I went on Shell fixed tariff after being given an inaccurate, dishonest estimate of how much I would be paying, daylight robbery. 
    Is this another way of saying "they gave me all the correct unit costs and standing charges, but my bills are more than they said the DD would be because I use more energy than assumed"?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As an existing Octopus customer on a fix with them, frankly I’d be pretty hacked off if you waltzed in now as a new customer to them and got told your exit fee was being binned while mine remained in place. I suspect whoever told you they’d dropped exit fees for existing customers was pulling your chain to try and wind you up! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    psullivan said:
    Octopus had any decency they’d waive the Shell tariff exit fees as a kind gesture as we’re in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Who would stay with Octopus after September if they won’t waive the exit fee? They could lose a lot of ex-Shell customers who are paying more than existing Octopus customers. Octopus dropped exit fees last year for their existing customers yet they’re enforcing exit fees on ex-Shell customers. There should be an ex-Shell group on Twitter or fb, shame them, I went on Shell fixed tariff after being given an inaccurate, dishonest estimate of how much I would be paying, daylight robbery. Also they shouldn’t have been offering fixed tariffs like that if they knew they were going to be selling the business.
    Suppliers are in some cases required to give generalised example estimates. Of course surely anyone who was a responsible adult would check their usage against the cost per unit and standing charge and make their own estimation of their costs, wouldn't they?
  • rp1974
    rp1974 Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've an inkling this is a Friday special,hopefully not.

The sale of Shell was widely discussed and common knowledge,here and more broadly for quite sometime beforehand so there was ample opportunity for those so inclined to go elsewhere.
    Unpopular opinion time here,if agreeing to a fix it should be as binding upon customers as it is to suppliers,that's the risk taken when fixing.

Irrespective of supplier,OP why are you needing to be given an inaccurate,dishonest estimate?,when you have information to hand with your own accurate figures,or should have.

Lastly what's stopping you starting a Facebook,X,whatever other group whingefest,if it bothers you to such an extent?.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback