Paying good money to waste water…

Options
Hi All, the local Water Co. is working in my street and, as a result my water supply has gone brown. I have received a text message from them, advising me to run my kitchen tap for 40, (yes 40 minutes)!

As I am on a water meter, and am trying to solve an issue which THEY have created, is it fair that I have to pay extra to waste water?

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Water companies are the most congenial of people.  Tell them the problem and you might likely get a credit.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,496 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The above. I've never had an issue with water company recognising a financial loss.
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi All, the local Water Co. is working in my street and, as a result my water supply has gone brown. I have received a text message from them, advising me to run my kitchen tap for 40, (yes 40 minutes)!

As I am on a water meter, and am trying to solve an issue which THEY have created, is it fair that I have to pay extra to waste water?
    My mum had this many years ago, she got a credit that was vastly higher than the amount of water she could have flushed through by running the tap for an hour (which is how long she had to do it).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback