DCA Guidance - Dealership notification

Options
Hi all,

I've had 3 car Finance agreements since 2009 - 2 of which I've managed to find the details for and send the template off to the lenders, one of which I've already heard back from (Close Brothers) saying I was subject to a DCA in my finance.

The oldest one (let this be a lesson to me) I binned all the details a while back.

I've made an informal enquiry to the dealership I originally purchased from -without mentioning DCA - And they've come back with an official response basically fobbing me off.

Now, how do I proceed from here? Should I send the formal letter hoping they forward on to the Finance provider? 

I've got an inkling that its Black Horse but I want to be as certain as possible before contacting them.

(I've been in touch with the bank already and intend to go in branch to see if they can help)

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now, how do I proceed from here? Should I send the formal letter hoping they forward on to the Finance provider? 
    You wait until the FCA publish their report which will give instructions on what to and will tell providers what they need to (assuming the FCA find a failure).

There is nothing to be gained by doing this now.  You are just wasting your time and energy.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback