how soon can I re-join ID mobile as a new customer

Options
anoukis
anoukis Posts: 30 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper
I had a SIM-only contract with ID mobile and switched to Lebara today, and I transferred over my phone number. How soon can I request a PAC from Lebara and switch back to ID mobile (as a new customer)? I need to keep my number and would like to get a phone contract with them, as a new customer. Thanks. 

Comments

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Why do you want to switch back?
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Emmia said:
    Why do you want to switch back?
    Presumably for a cheap deal? The question then is how do ID mobile tell a new customer from a returnee?
  • anoukis
    anoukis Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, for a phone contract. I called them to add a phone to my SIM-only plan and they didn't give me a good deal so I thought I could do this. The other alternative is Vodafone, but they don't have free roaming in EU (which I need). 
  • jbrassy
    jbrassy Posts: 684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think theoretically you could sign up as a new customer straight away. You cancelled your old contract and you're taking out a new customer contract. 

Maybe you can transfer the number from Lebara on Day 1. If they refuse to transfer the number (which I doubt they will), just cancel the contract within the cooling off period (think it's usually 14 or 28 days).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback