3 says old SIM is inactive but phone says otherwise

Options
nottsphil
nottsphil Posts: 440 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
I'm trying to get a 3 SIM that I've not used for a couple of years reactivated but their call centre says say they cannot do so. I've also got an old iD SIM that I know is inactive so I've put them both into a dual slot phone and they show up differently. However, the 3 one still can't receive calls or texts. Why isn't my phone saying it's inactive?

Comments

• tinker411
    tinker411 Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Can you make a call on the Three sim?
  • Veteransaver
    Veteransaver Posts: 508 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Why do you think it is still active? Is there any reception bars showing and can you make a call?
  • nottsphil
    nottsphil Posts: 440 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 30 April at 2:24PM
    Options
    Why do you think it is still active? Is there any reception bars showing and can you make a call?
    Because in the second pic it says inactive for slot one but not in slot 2. Furthermore in pic 4 it actually states it's active. However, I cannot make a call from it because the phone says it's not receiving a 3 signal despite being here in a good 4G area. The reception bar is the empty triangle you can see. I don't get why it says the 3 signal is temporarily unavailable when it's permanently available on the phone I'm posting from.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    The phone is indicating that you have made the Three SIM the "active" SIM for calls, SMS etc. 

It's not indicating that the SIM is available for service,

This functionality appears when a phone has the ability to have more than one SIM.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback