Moss Bros declining to accept returned suit jacket

Options
Jackped94
Jackped94 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 30 April at 2:46PM in Consumer rights
Hello.

i was hoping someone could advise me on my options on how to take this matter forward. The circumstances of what’s happened is below.

10/04/2024 - Moss Bros delivery received. Suit jacket and suit trousers.
Jacket £152.10
Trousers £81.00

I have opened the parcel. Tried on both items, but was not happy with them as I didn’t like the look. Items have been worn for no longer than 30 seconds to a minute. All labels have been left on.

I have returned the item 13/04/2024.

22/04/2024 - Moss Bros refund £78.01.

23/04/2024 - I have contacted Moss Bros to ask about the refund and where the rest of the money is. I have assumed they were sending the money for each item separately for whatever reason.

23/04/2024 - Same day, I have a response form customer service saying they will look into it.

26/04/2024 -Email from Moss Bros stating the following:

“I hope you are well, We’ve received your return for the above order into our warehouse, it has been raised with the customer team for inspection. 

Following our inspection I can inform you that the reason for your order being flagged is due to the Tailored Fit Black Performance Jacket showing signs of wear, we have reviewed the images received from our warehouse and independently concluded the items received are not in a resalable condition. Under these circumstances we will not be accepting your return as it has breached our Policy. 

We would like to return your order back to yourself by returning the items back to an address of your choice. Alternatively if we do not hear from you within 5 working days, or you confirm the item/s are not needed, we will dispose of these and be denying the refund. Can you please provide me with the best address to return these items to you?”

26/04/2024 - I have replied explaining how disappointed I was. I’ve asked for photographs of the signs of wear. Also asked them to send me back the item as I didn’t want it being destroyed. I have asked if I could speak with their complaints team which they responded:

” In regard to making a complaint, all complaints are logged when you contact the customer service team. Therefore, if there is any feedback you would like to provide, then you can do so by replying to this email.”

I haven’t received images yet or a further response. Will update when I hear something further.

Ultimately, I feel like they have stolen from me and taken advantage of the fact I can’t/wont do anything about it? I want to take this further as I have lost around £150 for no reason!

Comments

• Vectis
    Vectis Posts: 698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For your own sake, you should change the title of your post.

Nothing has been stolen, so you're making an untrue allegation.

Ask them to return the jacket and then assess it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback