IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

dcblegal letter of claim uk parking control limited

Options
hi everyone, i have read alot on here still not sure about what to do.
12/04 /2024 i have recieved letter of claim from dcblegal : i have parking ticket not paid from uk parking control limited. not they ask for £170.
then i have recall the original pcn was 12/12/2023 in my local retail park.reason for longer than permitted.
then I have contaced local shop i was in for they can`t cancel the tickets as its been pass to dcb leagal.
i also have send a complaitn letter to ukpc same respons as its been too long.

as I didnt recieved any pcn then i have checked if I have changed my car asddress and changed to my new address.

I think the reason I didnt recieved the pcn is I have moved house last year.

any idea what should I do now, £170 is way too much for me to spare atm.

anyone could help me regarding how to appeal or sending leters, even to court.

much appreciated.

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Study the posts in the newbies sticky thread in announcements, by coupon mad, especially the part dealing with a 30 days LBC letter 

Too late to appeal 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Second post of the NEWBIES thread covers how to respond to a LBC. Please don't repeat the template here (not needed).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,639 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    This is a complete rubbish case from start to finish with UKPC and DCBL

YOU DO NOT OWE £170 .... THIS IS A DCBL SCAM CHARGE
    Whoever told you that now it's with DCBL it cannot be cancelled is talking out the place where the sun don't shine

UKPC signs in car parks are rubbish, small letters, located high on poles and probably no entrance sign.

The courts know all about this hapless duo, they should do, DCBL has discontinued 344 cliams on this forum alone,  That's just what we know about
    DCBL are serial court timewasters

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1

Follow the NEWBIES thread on this bunch. This is now a game for you to play with our help.   

• kingprodragon
    kingprodragon Posts: 9 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @Coupon-mad Ihave reading newbie post and find regarding letter of claim , also creat a letter base on your template, who should i send it too?DBCleagal or UKPC? thanks again
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    @Coupon-mad Ihave reading newbie post and find regarding letter of claim , also creat a letter base on your template, who should i send it too?DBCleagal or UKPC? thanks again
    The second post of the NEWBIES thread does say...
    If the parking firm is using Gladstones, DCLegal, BW Legal or other solicitor and you have a LBC or LoC (a letter) then search the forum for the solicitor's email and reply robustly as follows:
  • kingprodragon
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KeithP said:
    The second post of the NEWBIES thread does say...
    If the parking firm is using Gladstones, DCLegal, BW Legal or other solicitor and you have a LBC or LoC (a letter) then search the forum for the solicitor's email and reply robustly as follows:

thank you @KeithP for the helps, ui seen the newbie post and creat a letter, try to send email to dcblegal, but i couldnt find a right email address for it. on the letter there is an email address: info@dcblegal.co.uk.
    is this correct email for me to send.
     as the letter was dated 12 april 2024, I only have few days to response?
    many thanks!!
  • kingprodragon
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    and seems everyone is advice not to ignore Letter of claim, but how to response?and how do I find out what excecly happened with the PCN? how long was i over the parking limit? should i send a request to ukpc?
    thanks!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No. 

Use the LBC response in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kingprodragon
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I did send this email to dbclegal , the email address from the letter they respons as:

Please note that we will aim to respond to your correspondence where required as soon as possible. In the meantime, should you be contacting in relation to a Parking Charge, you can find some Frequently asked Questions (FAQs) on our website

Should you wish to make a payment, you can do this by calling 0330 1744 172, visiting  or by bank transfer to the below bank details. Please ensure your DCB legal reference number is quoted with any payments made.

Account number: 60964441
    Sort Code: 20-24-09

Should you be in receipt of a letter of claim, please visit  dcblegal where you will find further information and be able to reply to the form accordingly.

is this the letter,
    if so i still cant find solicitor`s email to send, not on there web site or in this forum.

Dear Sirs,

Your Ref. ############
    Proposed Legal Proceedings
    Claimant: xxxxxx xxxxxxxx Ltd

I refer to your your letter of claim.

I confirm that my address for service for the time being - assuming you don't faff about and delay any claim - is as follows, and any older address must be erased from your records:
    [Correct address here]

The alleged debt is disputed and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

• Pembersdev
    Pembersdev Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I have also received a letter of claim from DCB Legal (I prefer vermin) and am preparing to send the solicitor the following
    Dear Sirs,

Your Ref. ############
    Proposed Legal Proceedings
    Your client: client. CP Plus Ltd T/A Groupnexus

I refer to your your letter of claim.

I confirm that my address for service for the time being - assuming you don't faff about and delay any claim - is as follows, and any older address must be erased from your records:
    [Correct address here]

The alleged debt is disputed and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

I over stayed my welcome on 5 occasions at various motorway service stations about 4 years ago and just binned or returned to sender previous letters.

Is this the correct path to go on at this stage? I am looking at the newbies threads also.  Do I also need to SAR their client? 

Appreciate any advice and apologies if my post here doesn't meet protocols fully.  
    P.s. you guys should be Knighted and the car parking thieves should be eating porridge!  IMHO 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure