Who is responsible

Options
On the 9th April i phoned Plusnet Broadband because of an issue i had about a bill. During the conversation i agreed to change my mobile phone provider via Plusnet to EE.

Plusnet done the credit checks etc and filled out all the paperwork that was needed. They even copied all my details from my plusnet account to the EE contract. Plusnet stated that everything was done and i should recieve my new sim on the 11th April. At this point i thought great my phone bill will only be £6 a month now.

The 11th came and no sim but my old number now stopped working because of being changed to the new sim. Phoned Plusnet and stated no sim had arrived. After being passed from department to department with them saying we dont do mobile contracts anymore and my arguing they only created it 2 days ago they were trying to blame EE.

14th April still no sim so again i phoned Plusnet to complain and again passed department to department and they claimed it was nothing to do with them they just act as an agent for EE and i need to contact EE. I phone EE and explain everything to them and they said yes you should have recieved it on the 11th April. Now this lady was really helpfull and looked into the issue and said they had done everything they needed to do on the 9th April and it has to be down to Plusnet.
Again i phoned Plusnet and again same lame excuses everytime.

On the 16th However i recieved a letter from EE. This really confused me because the address never had my flat number. SO phone call to EE to correct this and they were like wait we have Flat 4 down as being my address. Now Flat 4 does not know my Last name and probably does not know my first name either and was sending letters back to sender. So during the phone call we get everything corrected and they tell me they will send me out a new sim which i should recieve in couple of days.

With this information at hand i went nuts, i phoned Plusnet to complain as they were the ones to fill out all the paperwork etc and stated they are the ones who i felt responsible because although they claimed to copy my details from my plusnet account but rather than put flat 2 which is my flat they put flat 4. Because of this i was unable to recieve any phone calls,texts or make any phone calls and texts.

Eventually on the 18th April history happened i finally recieved my sim. I got all set up downloaded EE app and then noticed my contract started on the 9th April. SO for 7 days that ive not had a sim and not been able to recieve phone calls or make them im now being charged. I thought oh no thats not happening so i phoned EE and explained to them and then complained. I explained this contract had caused me so many problems people are going to be held responsible for this.
EE tried offering me a months contract for free which i refused and then 2 months which i again refused. Eventually EE credited me £30. I thought great EE sorted.

SO i phoned Plusnet and went hell for leather at them because they keep refusing to take any responsibility on the matter. My believe is because Plusnet were the ones i initially went through and the ones who even suggested the idea of changing mobile contract in the first place, that and totally writing the wrong address that they should be accountable for everything that has happened and as such should also compensate me and appologise.

Am i right in saying this whole affair is Plusnets fault

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport