Problems with Vodafone

Options
dee2005
dee2005 Posts: 37 Forumite
Has anyone else experienced problems with Vodafone. I have had to go to O2 as I have had terrible problems. I had been with them since 1997 and had 2 contracts which were due for renewal. Since 1997 I only received 4 new phones, my own fault, as I did not request them, but I had been entitled to 2 new phones every year. For 2 months I tried to negociate 2 new contracts with them, but each time I rang I got speaking to someone different, and they would not offer me the same deal. Finally I agreed 2 contracts with someone by phone, with 2 new phones, and when my next bill arrived I had not been given the promised terms, and it said that I had agreed to no hardwear, which is their term for no phones !!!!!!!! The next person I spoke to said that I had been lied to by the person I had agreed the terms with !!!!!!! Having lost all confidence in the company, I had no alternative but to cancel my contracts, and that was also extremely difficult to do. Then, they started harrassing me phoning the both phones at all hours of the day and night !!!! What a nightmare. I was so relieved when I actually got my 2 numbers transferred to O2. Until today, that was, when I received my last bill.........they are charging me £98 for cancelling my contract early. My contract had expired last May 2004 !!! Can anyone make sense of this ? Has anyone else received treatment like this ? I am going to take the matter further, as I have kept copies of all letters to them. I just want to warn people to be very careful before entering into an agreement with this company. :mad:
:beer:

Comments

• andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I sounds like they're charging you for cancelling the new contract. Is it actually Vodafone or a different provider?
  • dee2005
    Options
    It is Vodafone direct. They have charged me £99.49, including Vat, for "charge for cancellation prior to contract end date", which is 26 May, last year, for one of the phones. THey havent charged that for the other phone. THere is no mention of the new contract on this last bill.
  • andy88_2
    andy88_2 Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My mistake - I thought you said you had 2 new contracts
  • sfell
    sfell Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, I also have had lots of problems with vodaphone. Recently changed from contract to PAYG, have 2 phones, 1 transferred fine the other they disconnected for a week before changing to PAYG! Then the one that had connected successfully lost all of the £17.43 credit in 1 night, don't ask me how, only made 1 call and vodafone verified that. However 1 week latewr am still waiting for it to be refunded. MMMMMM. Also car broke down at this point, couldn't get in touch with anyone. Not a happy bunny. Will go onto O2 or 3 when this has all been sorted. :T :mad:
  • dee2005
    Options
    Yes. I am definetly of the opinion that once they get a hint of you leaving them, they start to victimize you. I spoke with someone last night who also is having similar problems with them. Even though I have signed up with O2 for 18 months ( I must be mad ), my advice would be PAYG. In 18 months time thats what I will be doing ! There is not enough competition in the mobile phone market because there are so few companies offering the service. Just have a look at the companies' accounts and the share prices to see how well the companies are doing. The only reason I signed up for an 18 month contract with O2 was because I wanted to keep my 2 numbers which I have had since 1997. I did not know that I could have ported them to PAYG. The phone companies will not actively promote PAYG, as contracts bring them in more money. In other words, PAYG makes more sense for the poor public.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport