IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form received from the Dumb & Dumber duo (DCBLegal & UKPC)

Options
Hi,
I received a Claim Form from DCBLegal in regards to a Parking Charge Notice by UK Parking Control.

Issue Date: 17/04/2024

Particulars of Claim: 
2. The PCN(s) were issues on 06/11/2018. 
3. The defendant is pursued as the driver of the vehicle for breach of the terms on the signs (the contract).  Reason:  Not Parked Correctly within the Markings of the Bay or Space.
4. In the alternative the defendant is pursued as the keeper pursuant to POFA 2012, Schedule 4.

And the Claimant Claims:
1. £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages
2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgement or sooner payment.
3. Costs and Court Fees

I have read the Newbies thread and followed the advice by submitting an AOS today.

I would really appreciate some advice on writing up my defence please.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,764 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I received a Claim Form from DCBLegal in regards to a Parking Charge Notice by UK Parking Control.
    Issue Date: 17/04/2024

I have read the Newbies thread and followed the advice by submitting an AOS today.

I would really appreciate some advice on writing up my defence please.
    Hello and welcome.

With a Claim Issue Date of 17th April, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 20th May 2024 to file your Defence.

That's over three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just more junk from the merry duo

Parking spaces are too small  now.
    Get a big 4x4 in a space and you cannot open your door. THE FAULT AND PROBLEM IS UKPC

Then there is the famous DCBL money scam... adding a fake amount and calling it DAMAGES ???  Such a joke, as if UKPC can claim damages
    Maybe the person who signed the claim as a statement of truth would like to explain to a judge what DAMAGES actually means ... just a fake word to hide the fact that DCBL wants their share

This is a game of musical chairs with DCBL, .. IT IS FUN, 

Simply follow what is advised here. Submit your WS TO THE COURT AND dcbl AND THEN WAIT

DCBL will contact you offering a deal .... YOU IGNORE
    They may try it again .. YOU IGNORE

And in your own own words ... DUMBER will DISCONTINUE AS YOU CAN SEE HERE ... Most are UKPC complete rubbish cases
    And they discontinue to avoid a court spanking

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6377263/dcb-legal-record-of-private-parking-court-claim-discontinuations/p1

THIS IS THE TIP OF THF THE ICEBERG ...
    THEY ARE A VERY SAD COMPANY

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport