Victim of Fraud

Options
3 Months ago my husband noticed on Companies House that someone had opened a business very similar name to my business but used MY NAME, DOB but different address in a different county.
I emailed and telephoned Companies House explaining what we have found and that i wanted my name to be removed or the business closed down.
They advised i needed to fill in an RP06 form so i did straight away and they told me it would take 25days.
I emailed constantly and telephoned them but they were not at all helpful.
( You dont need ID to set up a business on companies house they advised )
Eventually i got a letter saying that they sent a letter to the registered address asking for proof of ID.
Now today!!!! i had an email from Clearscore saying a new report was being added to my credit file, so i logged in and see a 3.5k CCJ .. So i bought an experian credit report that showed a linked address from the company that was set up on my file.
So basically he/she opened the business on the 21st and on the 23rd he opened an account with a bank and took a loan in my name.
Companies house had my old address on the internet ( not lived there for 4 yrs ) and he used his address as a new address.
I telephoned the said bank today and they confirmed a new loan under the address he used to make the fake business.
Im so angry i cant tell you!!! how on earth was this person allowed to open a bank account with fake id or no id....   Now tomorrow i have to spend the day speaking the court to explain and all this time Companies House have done nothing - on the same day i also contacted Action Fraud
who did nothing ...
My credit score was fab! now it Zero!  and im left picking up the mess.
Bank said they will investigate but f they did their due diligence this would not of happened 

Has this happened to anyone else and any advice would be great
Comping & Coupons!

Comments

• dementedhousewife
    dementedhousewife Posts: 3,850 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 April at 10:03AM
    Options

3 Months ago my husband noticed on Companies House that someone had opened a business very similar name to my business but used MY NAME, DOB but different address in a different county.
    I emailed and telephoned Companies House explaining what we have found and that i wanted my name to be removed or the business closed down.
    They advised i needed to fill in an RP06 form so i did straight away and they told me it would take 25days.
    Eventually i got a letter saying that they sent a letter to the registered address asking for proof of ID.
    Now today!!!! i had an email from Clearscore saying a new report was being added to my credit file, so i logged in and see a 3.5k CCJ .. So i bought an experian credit report that showed a linked address from the company that was set up on my file.
    So basically he/she opened the business on the 21st and on the 23rd he opened an account with a bank and took a loan in my name.
    Companies house had my old address on the internet ( not lived there for 4 yrs ) and he used his address as a new address.
    I telephoned the said bank today and they confirmed a new loan under the address he used to make the fake business.
    Im so angry i cant tell you!!! how on earth was this person allowed to open a bank account with fake id or no id....   Now tomorrow i have to spend the day speaking the court to explain and all this time Companies House have done nothing - on the same day i also contacted Action Fraud
    who did nothing ...
    Bank said they will investigate but f they did their due diligence this would not of happened 

Comping & Coupons!
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 April at 10:04AM
    Options
    DUPLICATE 

Please stick to your other topic where you have posted exactly the same

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6522786/victim-of-fraud#latest
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 21 April at 2:51PM
    Options
    Wrack your brain as to who knew all your personal details and then go to the police.
  • marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    who did nothing ...

Sometimes this type of fraud is carried out by someone who knows you well, which is how they know all your personal details 
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    How long ago was the company formed? 
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

Why was it never updated?

Life in the slow lane
  • dementedhousewife
    edited 21 April at 3:31PM
    Options
    Unsure, they updated my husbands and my others but seemed to leave 1 off .. So i dont know why
    Comping & Coupons!
  • dementedhousewife
    Options
    This person, lives miles away, never been to the town and when i checked the VR on 192.com they are NIgerian
    Comping & Coupons!
  • dementedhousewife
    Options
    I was formed 6 moths ago, we spotted it , 3 months after it was formed but they applied for loan 2 days after the company was opened
    Comping & Coupons!
  • dementedhousewife
    Options
    What i mean was.
    He used the address where he lives, which is around 100 miles away
    and used my old address on companies house as the previous address.
    The bank i guess never check that i had moved from my address 4 year prev
    Comping & Coupons!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport