IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN

Options
Looking for help for a colleague. The hospital trust has re installed the private parking company again after 3 years post COVID. We have to display our permits, which we do. Last week my colleague received  a PCN because she was not parked within the white lines. The space did not cause an obstruction nor was it dangerous. The car is quite small, but the parking space  is close to a wall and the passenger needs space to open the door and not damage it. 
The fleet office has advised her to appeal to POPLA before writing to the chief executive. Which would be the best way forward for them. Many thanks for any help . My colleague has a visual impairment that causes her difficulty with screens on computers

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 April at 7:43PM
    Options
    No wonder the Fleet Office said that. They issued that PCN on foot, and don't want a complaint going to the CEO.

Do the complaint to the CEO first. Not POPLA.  Which parking firm? 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jatjat
    jatjat Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    One parking solution are the parking firm
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 20 April at 7:44PM
    Options
    jatjat said:
    One parking solution are the parking firm
    Waaaaiiiitttt...!

Are you saying that a HOSPITAL TRUST has been stupid enough to sign a contract with notoriously horrible ex-clampers OPS?  

Have they forgotten how to Google?!

Horrendous, IMHO.  Massive threat to you all.  Who the heck agreed to that? Which Trust? Which Hospital?

• jatjat
    Options
    Brighton general
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 21 April at 12:25AM
    Options
    Oh dear. What the heck are OPS doing there?  I'm a Brighton-born, Sussex lass and that horrifies me.

Whoever signed that contract needs to give their head a wobble, IMHO. The ex-clamper approach of OPS (which according to all reports we see, is all about the money) is not what I'd call a good fit in hospitals, to say the least...

I'd expect you and your colleagues to be absolutely hounded.  I predict you will all get PCNs galore, on any old excuse (permits slipped or faded, whatever) and your daily lives will be made a misery by this.

I feel sorry for the patients too.

Is this a new contract?  You didn't always have this notorious firm rinsing people on site? I don't know, as I now live in West Sussex.  Although I'm very familiar with the Elm Grove area, that's not my local hospital.

She should complain to her managers first. What on earth were they thinking instead of Googling the company?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.oneparkingsolution.co.uk

• jatjat
    Options
    We are all doomed 😩… do you have a good draft letter idea  I could send to the CEO.  As a minion in the NHS I am still fighting for the service and hoping to gleam a minuscule of respect from those that rule
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 21 April at 12:27AM
    Options
    As well as the victim making that complaint (BEFORE trying an appeal and in her own words) please show us a photo or two of the current t&cs signs and the PCN (both sides).

We think template complaints are the work of the devil, so no to that. She writes a complaint as she sees it, with a link to Trustpilot ... asking what on earth they were thinking.
  • jatjat
    Options
    There is nothing printed on the back
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Oh no. Already appealed.
  • jatjat
    Options
    This is where most of us park but the sign is facing away from where a PCN was issued. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback