Marks and Spencer partial refund online returns

Options
Integrity
Integrity Posts: 20 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 19 April at 8:22PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Has anyone had issues with M & S where return online orders, via Post Office, arrive with them but only get partial refund ( with message online that M&S awaiting other items definitely returned in same order/in one return bag) - so not refunded.  NB.Customer needs to check online system or wouldn’t know some refunds in return outstanding 

I have now had this several times as  I do order a lot from them- ( multiple female household) and their size variation/ length or clothes variations with same product mean ordering more than on set of trousers if tall. So higher need to return since quality control / size consistency decline.

To be fair they have been good about it up until
now and does look dodgy if same person raising…E.g had two instances out of four returns in one month. When contacted them re refund shortfall, they advised they are investigating prior to refund. All very polite / professionally emphasising not stating “we think you are dodgy” but them specifically referring that this has happened with my other orders does makes me feel “under suspicion” PLUS I am £90 out of pocket.

I had previously flagged with M & S that their system wasn’t great/ customer couldn’t prove contents and errors seemed to be happening now they send one order out in multiple bags and flagged that return code not working in Post office/ refused if returning in same separate small bags with specific-order QR return code. Raised issues both online ( they record conversations so hoping retained) and in store. 

Thankfully returned items via Post Office, so can prove “weight of all return parcels” and sent photos of this to M&S  to work out “by weight” that I have returned all items stated. ( waiting for reply)- sounds silly but feel anxious/vulnerable, as how can I prove I am not dodgy. I am reliant on their calculations- with no evidence to categorically prove each individual item returned. In case I sound paranoid, they did refer to this happening with me before and referred to my requesting x number of emails. This will include whole order their courier photo shows was put in a cage behind an industrial unit goodness knows where.

I order and return a lot ( so statistically higher error probability if their system has flaws) but surely I can’t be the only person experiencing this.

Never had problem up to 18 months ago ( they went paperless and as sizing went to pot, actually wrote and flagged having to order 3 pairs of same item as can be 3” variation in length- so keep the longest :(

welcome all feedback. Appreciate 
folk must take the mickey but feel quite vulnerable being able to contest. Thank goodness kept post office receipt with weights of packages on it.

( store returns challenging ti do , as they closed local ones and have personal restrictions- so physical trips rare option.)

Comments

• Money_Grabber13579
    Money_Grabber13579 Posts: 4,271 Forumite
    Newshound! Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Up until about 6 months ago, I had never had any issues with M&S orders. Then, I made two orders within the space of a few weeks and both of them were wrong. The first was for a number of pairs of trousers and I was missing a pair (they were all sent in a single package) and the second was for towels and I got an extra one! 

They were very good at sorting it out but it did seem to me that their fulfilment process had gone downhill and sounds like it is affecting returns too.
    Northern Ireland club member No 382 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure