2»

Comments

• danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tracyyi said:
    Thank you.
    Does the deposit £1,500 need to stay until I get the switch?
    or I can leave in my new Santander account for 24 hours?
    Answered in this thread (that you started): https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6524019/anyone-get-the-recent-last-month-santander-switch-bonus#latest
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    tracyyi said:
    TheBanker said:
    tracyyi said:
    TheBanker said:
    tracyyi said:
    I applied close to the cut off too but I can't remember exactly what date. My debit card was despatched the day of cut off though and I've transferred 2 DD and put in the required £1500 so hoping all will be OK.
    Did you get the switch bonus?
    I doubt anyone will have, yet. The T&Cs say they check your account to confirm you met the criteria 60 days after you instructed the switch, and make the payment within (another) 30 days. So anyone who applied at the start of April before the offer was pulled should not expect to receive a payment until early July.
    Thank you. Keep in touch this case.
    Why do we need to keep in touch? For previous Santander offers, there have been very few reports of people not receiving their cashback, and generally that was because they did not meet the criteria i.e. they had missed a deadline, not set up the Direct Debits, or not paid in the minimum deposit. As long as you've followed the (quite simple) terms and conditions, and not had a switching bonus before, you will get your money within the timescales specified.
    Thank you.
    Does the deposit £1,500 need to stay until I get the switch?
    or I can leave in my new Santander account for 24 hours?
    It's normally best to read the offer terms and conditions before you start your application. Each bank has slightly different criteria, and even for the same bank the criteria can change between campaigns.

For the last Santander switcher, there was no requirement in the T&Cs to leave the £1,500 in the account. The only requirement was to deposit £1,500 - it didn't even need to be a single transactions, so you could have moved £150 in and out ten times if you didn't have £1,500 to deposit in one go. 
  • Sparkysdad
    Sparkysdad Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used the switching service to get this offer, but my original bank messed about closing a saver account so I had to do everything manually.  Santander say that because I resolved the issue after the closing date of the offer they won't pay the incentive!

They did tell me that if I "don't request a switch" I can still apply for the next incentive when it comes out,  which is just perverse.

Meanwhile I have opened a new account for nothing and taken the hit on my credit score "for nothing" because santander are weaseling out
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I used the switching service to get this offer, but my original bank messed about closing a saver account so I had to do everything manually.  Santander say that because I resolved the issue after the closing date of the offer they won't pay the incentive!

They did tell me that if I "don't request a switch" I can still apply for the next incentive when it comes out,  which is just perverse.

Meanwhile I have opened a new account for nothing and taken the hit on my credit score "for nothing" because santander are weaseling out
    Your gripe should be with your original bank, for messing around the closing of your account (or perhaps with yourself if you didn't read up on how to do things with your original bank). Santander are quite within their rights to 'weasel out' (as you emotively put it) as you didn't switch according to their terms.

I'm not sure what you find perverse about being advised you can bag the next incentive. I think the majority of switches these days preclude someone getting an incentive if they've had one in a recent timeframe.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Your credit score is a meaningless gimmick number that nobody but you ever sees. A single search for a current account is neither hear nor there for long term credit
  • tracyyi
    tracyyi Posts: 109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

How do Santander told you that you not eligible for the switch bonus?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback