Santander Bank Switch ended

Options
I applied to open a new Santander Current Account on 4th April (Their switch bonus end on 4th April, 11.59pm).
My account finally opened on 11th April and the switch started on 11th April.

Am I still eligible for the switch bonus? My account was opened after the switch bonus promotion ended.

https://www.santander.co.uk/assets/s3fs-public/AD_documents/santander_switcher_offer_terms_conditions_coremc0933mar24ipgcd_lr.pdf

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Way I see it, you applied for an account and instructed them to switch your old account to Santander before the cutoff. I'd wait and see what happens, and make sure you meet all the other T&Cs. I'd then probably put in a complaint if they don't pay out.
  • Ruggers13
    Ruggers13 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm in a similar scenario. Account only opened on the 9th. However the below in the T&C's looks like confirmation to me

"If you request a switch after the switcher offer starts but we withdraw the offer before the switch completes, you’ll still be eligible for the payment as long as you meet the eligibility criteria."

• tracyyi
    tracyyi Posts: 108 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Way I see it, you applied for an account and instructed them to switch your old account to Santander before the cutoff. I'd wait and see what happens, and make sure you meet all the other T&Cs. I'd then probably put in a complaint if they don't pay out.
    Thank you.

I had 3 direct debits transferred from my old bank.
    And also switch completed. I had deposited £1,500 to my Santander Current account.
  • tracyyi
    Options
    Ruggers13 said:
    I'm in a similar scenario. Account only opened on the 9th. However the below in the T&C's looks like confirmation to me

"If you request a switch after the switcher offer starts but we withdraw the offer before the switch completes, you’ll still be eligible for the payment as long as you meet the eligibility criteria."

Do you get your switch bonus? 
    Can we keep in touch of this since we are on the same boat.
  • savagelyric
    savagelyric Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied close to the cut off too but I can't remember exactly what date. My debit card was despatched the day of cut off though and I've transferred 2 DD and put in the required £1500 so hoping all will be OK.
  • tracyyi
    Options
    I applied close to the cut off too but I can't remember exactly what date. My debit card was despatched the day of cut off though and I've transferred 2 DD and put in the required £1500 so hoping all will be OK.
    Did you get the switch bonus?
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    tracyyi said:
    I doubt anyone will have, yet. The T&Cs say they check your account to confirm you met the criteria 60 days after you instructed the switch, and make the payment within (another) 30 days. So anyone who applied at the start of April before the offer was pulled should not expect to receive a payment until early July.
  • tracyyi
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    tracyyi said:
    I doubt anyone will have, yet. The T&Cs say they check your account to confirm you met the criteria 60 days after you instructed the switch, and make the payment within (another) 30 days. So anyone who applied at the start of April before the offer was pulled should not expect to receive a payment until early July.
    Thank you. Keep in touch this case.
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    tracyyi said:
    TheBanker said:
    tracyyi said:
    Why do we need to keep in touch? For previous Santander offers, there have been very few reports of people not receiving their cashback, and generally that was because they did not meet the criteria i.e. they had missed a deadline, not set up the Direct Debits, or not paid in the minimum deposit. As long as you've followed the (quite simple) terms and conditions, and not had a switching bonus before, you will get your money within the timescales specified.
  • tracyyi
    Options
    TheBanker said:
    tracyyi said:
    TheBanker said:
    tracyyi said:
    Why do we need to keep in touch? For previous Santander offers, there have been very few reports of people not receiving their cashback, and generally that was because they did not meet the criteria i.e. they had missed a deadline, not set up the Direct Debits, or not paid in the minimum deposit. As long as you've followed the (quite simple) terms and conditions, and not had a switching bonus before, you will get your money within the timescales specified.
    Thank you.
    Does the deposit £1,500 need to stay until I get the switch?
    or I can leave in my new Santander account for 24 hours?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback