IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel parking fine defence stage

Options
Judjules
Judjules Posts: 7 Forumite
First Post
Hi, Looking for help lots of good information on here but I have ADHD, so wonder if someone can point me in the right direction. I received a PCN from Excel in October for failure to purchase the parking tariff for the registration mark of the vehicle. I put in the registration (wife's car) e.g reg is AB12CBD I entered ACB so entered wrong but it contains  part of the reg I got a ticket for 2hr I only stayed for 1hr. My wife  received the PCN so yes I said I was driving🙄.I went through the IAS , a waste of time. PCN £100 or £60 if paid within 14 days so they added £70 for debt collection then ELMS legal got involved  £35 court fee legal representative cost £50 total amount £255. I did the acknowledgement of service and now need to prepare a defence please help. Thank you 

Comments

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What is the "issue date" of your claim? Please show us the PoC.

The second post of the Newbies/FAQ thread explains in detail the steps you need to take. Also, the Template defence thread has a checklist and the defence template where you only have to edit one paragraph.
  • Judjules
    First Post
    edited 22 April at 5:08PM
    Options
    Issue date 05/04/2024

• Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please check your issue date, unless you're a "Time traveller".
  • Judjules
    First Post
    Options
    05/04/2024
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK.  Use the Template Defence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Judjules said:
    05/04/2024

With a Claim Issue Date of 5th April, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Wednesday 8th May 2024 to file your Defence.

That's nearly three weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Having completed the AoS, you now have until 4pm on Wednesday 8th May to submit your defence.

Please thoroughly read the Newbies/FAQ thread, second page for the steps you need to take. The template defence tread includes on the first post a 12 point checklist you will need to follow. You only need the basic defence, not the Hharry100 one with the CEL v Chan preliminary matter.

Only one paragraph that you need to edit. If you do add a paragraph, be sure to renumber all the subsequent paragraphs as necessary. You are answering the allegation in the woefully inadequate PoC, so no need to write War and Peace. You can elaborate later at WS stage.

Please only show us the bits that edit/add.
  • JoeN1988
    JoeN1988 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not to worry, I've had a similar experience recently against Excel and beat them in court with the help of the fine people on this forum (if you'll pardon the pun).

Possibly worth noting that the POC have alleged you were parked on "Copeland street" which is a public highway and not a private car park. The CEL v Chan case could potentially apply here?

They made the same balls up with my claim and the judge agreed that the POC were "scant".

Easy way to score a point against them in court.

Have a read of my thread by going onto my user profile to give yourself an idea of what to expect. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is this the place with all the other recent defence threads about Jumpin' Fun?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Judjules
    First Post
    Options
    I think so unfortunately it was work related
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business