Can I reclaim for a previous policy if I have an existing policy with the same provider?

Options
I am looking at using the car finance reclaim tool for a car finance agreement I had with VW Financial Services that was taken out in 2015 (paid off by 2019). However I have an existing car finance agreement with the same provider for a car I purchased in November 2023. Could this cause problems for me if I sent the templated letter relating to my old policy? I want to check if I’m owed anything but am also a bit nervous that doing this might cause a problem with my current policy. 

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Note you are not "reclaiming car finance", you are simply registering with a consultation effectively until the FCA decides if there was any miss-selling

You can complain about the old agreement (though VW have been quite proactive in telling a lot of people they didn't use it) and they cannot "punish" you with your existing deal if that's what you are asking?
  • coffee29
    coffee29 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Nasqueron said:
    Note you are not "reclaiming car finance", you are simply registering with a consultation effectively until the FCA decides if there was any miss-selling

You can complain about the old agreement (though VW have been quite proactive in telling a lot of people they didn't use it) and they cannot "punish" you with your existing deal if that's what you are asking?
    Thank you, that’s really helpful. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure