Amazon closed my account, I am totally perplexed and can't speak to a human or chatbot

Options
I realise (having looked at threads on this site and others) that there is no consumer right to have an Amazon account but my husband and I have both been told that our Amazon accounts have been terminated due to misuse of services.  We are totally perplexed as to why and I don't recall seeing an email which they said I have, my husband vaguely recalls seeing one but it looked suspicious so he didn't open it.  If you try to contact customer help they ask for your account details and then don't allow you to proceed as the account has been closed.  We are 50 something law abiding citizens, we are avid readers and this now means we can't download books to our Kindles - this is how we first realised the accounts have been closed.  We wonder if we have been victims of fraud without realising perhaps but our bank details appear to be intact.  We don't know how to progress this and find out what we have allegedly done to warrant this.  Kindle does  dominate the market for e-readers and this will severely limit our options for reading, I do not want to go back to printed books, the Kindle is such a great product as back lit and you can alter the font size - handy for those of us in our 50's.  We of course also use Amazon to make purchases although don't have Prime and I wouldn't say we are prolific customers of Amazon.  Any help much appreciated and a helpline number - but no scam numbers please we will check them out first as feeling on high alert in any case re this.

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure