easyJet cancellation expenses

Options
easyJet cancelled a recent return flight after a long airport delay- the cancellation was due to a technical issue with the plane.

The cancellation was at 2330 on the Saturday. We were informed by Swissport to use the app to rebook onto a new flight. The next available flight was on the Monday. We had to be back in the UK on the Sunday and with no way of contacting easyJet at the time to ask about re-routing us with an alternative airline on the Sunday, went ahead and booked our own flights back to the UK. 

I have now submitted an expenses claim to easyJet for the cost of our new flights back to the UK. I provided screenshot proof that no easyjet flights were Available all day Sunday. 

Does anyone have a similar experience and were you successful on getting expenses paid? 

Comments

• JoeK80
    JoeK80 Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Good news. Easyjet refunded me in full for the re-routed British Airways flights.

They also paid the expenses for meals we had at Belfast International the evening the flight was cancelled, taxi transfers to Belfast City Airport for our re-routed flight. Breakfast at Belfast City. We then had to get a taxi from Heathrow back to Luton Airport (our original destination) to pick up our car, which had incurred a £15 late collection charge. All expenses were paid.

It only took one week from submitting the claim to receiving confirmation that it was approved, so great customer service from Easyjet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback