Mobilize Financial Services - no commission paid

Options
Had finance for a Nissan via Mobilize Financial Services, then by another name. They are saying that no commission was paid, so there is no claim.

Anyone else had the same response? Was that the norm for Nissan dealers around 2016?

Comments

• Kerreh
    Kerreh Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had HP finance for Nissan Finance also via Mobilize (previously RCI Financial Services Ltd)
    I received an acknowledgement last week via email which states (snip below)

These temporary rules only apply if your Motor Finance Agreement meets the following criteria -
    1. Your Agreement started before 28th January 2021 and was on a Hire Purchase (HP) Agreement, including Personal Contact Purchase (PCP) and
    2. There was a DCA in place between us and the supplying dealer.
    We have reviewed your Agreement and can tell you that your agreement meets this criteria.

So perhaps some dealerships had DCA in place and some didn't would be my guess?
    Aim 1:12mth Emergency Fund -> £9440/£16152 (58%) Aim 2: Car kicks the bucket Fund -> £9915/£17000 (58%)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had finance for a Nissan via Mobilize Financial Services, then by another name. They are saying that no commission was paid, so there is no claim.

Anyone else had the same response? Was that the norm for Nissan dealers around 2016?
    There isn't a "norm" really, if your deal didn't have DCA then you weren't miss-sold. Others might have it but whether they do or not doesn't change your situation as you have been told you didn't have it
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,431 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Was that the norm for Nissan dealers around 2016?
    There is no norm.

Some dealers would use it with specific car launches (lower the interest rate to promote the sale) where it would be model specific.  Some would use it to help meet quarterly purchase targets (lower the interest rate to promote sales).     Some dealers had it available but didn't use it.   Some wouldn't have had it available.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • ThorOdinson
    ThorOdinson Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suppose you have to take their word for it.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not really, they would face huge fines (see £20m for Clydesdale Bank for lying about having PPI records) if they told you that you didn't and evidence showed they did. You were not miss-sold, you got the finance you qualified for so surely that is a good thing?
  • ThorOdinson
    ThorOdinson Posts: 40 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We shall see I suppose. It was a decent finance deal, I just have little trust in them.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That or accuse them of fraud and present your evidence of it
  • redtraveller
    redtraveller Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had 2 with them and same response 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts