Is anyone topping up their Barclays Fixed rate flexible ISA ?

Options
Hi I opened 2 Barclays Fixed rate flexible ISA's a while back 1yr @ 5.2% (maturing 27/11/24) and an 18 month @ 5.05% (maturing28/05/25) I'm trying to work out if they are worth topping up with new money and if it's even possible to top up both.
ATM they both have £10 in.

sx

Comments

• Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There'll be closed to new money I think you'll find. 
  • Midori_UK
    Midori_UK Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You cannot top up with new money during the unless your refence to "Flexible" allows you to do so, inside your annual ISA limit of course.
    So your 1 yr will mature and if you do not transfer the maturity into a new viable ISA  it will be transferred automatically to a ~2.2% rate. As for your 18mth perhaps you can top up after 12 month have elapsed.
    Assume you meant £10k and not £10 !
  • sparkiemalarkie
    sparkiemalarkie Posts: 896 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Payments into the account • Deposits up to the annual ISA subscription limit* each tax year may be made throughout the term of the Flexible Cash ISA. *Annual ISA subscription limit for the tax year 2024/2025 (6 April 2024 to 5 April 2025) is £20,000. • Funds withdrawn from your Flexible Cash ISA can be replaced in the same tax year without counting towards your annual ISA allowance. Please note the tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year.

I must have misunderstood the above T&C's

sx 
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 11 April at 4:35PM
    Options
    No, you haven't misunderstood - you can do as you suggest.

Unlike the majority of fixed rate cash ISAs, Barclays fixed term flexible cash ISAs do allow you to continue to add new subscriptions each tax year through-out the duration of the fixed rate period.

I opened the 18-month version speculatively (with a modest transfer) for exactly this reason back in December and, at 5.15%, it's looking like a good home for my 2024-25 allowance, when compared with the best 1 year rate currently available.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    These Fixed Rate but Flexible ISAs which allow funding throughout the fixed term must be rare beasts. 
    Of no interest to me, but as rates are predicted to fall, might be worth securing if there are any still around.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback