Options
2»

Comments

• meg00
    meg00 Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ayr
    I have inputted the password plenty of times.
    It is correct.
    Meg.
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    meg00 said:
    Ayr
    I have inputted the password plenty of times.
    It is correct.
    Meg.
    OK, if you have done that AND checked with another device by "forgetting" the same WiFi network and then reconnecting with that exact same password it could be that your router cannot use its current security protocol as the device does not support it.

If you go into the router settings and temporarily set the WiFi security to "none" (other options will be such as WEP, WPA, WPA2 etc) and the tablet will then connect that is the issue.

However, the number of people that think they are using the WiFi password and actually input the router login details instead is amazingly large.

Both are usually on the same label.
  • cerebus
    cerebus Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TimeLord1 said:
    I think the tablet model being used to connect would be more helpful. But never mind, I suspect they'll get someone to fix the issue that they know.  ;)
    Actually finding out if it's an android, fire or apple tablet would be far more useful plus the version number 
  • meg00
    Options
    UPDATE.
    Tablet now showing EE wifi.stating BT is now EEWIFI.
    Asking if you have  an existing BT broadband account to log in with your BT details.
    When I log in with my details I get a message  saying the security certificate is not from a trusted authority, and is not recommended to log on!!!
    What is going on??
    Meg.
  • cerebus
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    meg00 said:
    UPDATE.
    Tablet now showing EE wifi.stating BT is now EEWIFI.
    Asking if you have  an existing BT broadband account to log in with your BT details.
    When I log in with my details I get a message  saying the security certificate is not from a trusted authority, and is not recommended to log on!!!
    What is going on??
    Meg.
    Have you spoke to BT?

Bit confused , have you managed to connect to your router now through WiFi?

Can't see why you would need to log in?

Can other devices use your WiFi as normal? And what ssid are they showing connected to?
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    cerebus said:
    TimeLord1 said:
    I think the tablet model being used to connect would be more helpful. But never mind, I suspect they'll get someone to fix the issue that they know.  ;)
    Actually finding out if it's an android, fire or apple tablet would be far more useful plus the version number 
    Haha, did you miss the title, it's a SAMSUNG tablet, so 100% Android.

@meg00 is you have got as far as a second log in request you must have connected to your WiFi.

This is getting more confusing by the minute.
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    This ?

You are not connecting to your own SSID. Make sure that the entry on your Wi-Fi list you are trying to connect to matches the SSID that's written on the router label that also has the password.
  • cerebus
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ayr_Rage said:
    cerebus said:
    TimeLord1 said:
    Haha, did you miss the title, it's a SAMSUNG tablet, so 100% Android.

@meg00 is you have got as far as a second log in request you must have connected to your WiFi.

This is getting more confusing by the minute.
    Why is that funny?

I didn't miss the title of this thread , I was making a point to timelord1

Clearly that went right over your head 
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 April at 12:13PM
    Options
    EE Wifi is the new name for what used to be BT OpenWifi (AKA BTopenzone).
    It's like a 'Guest' wifi being put out by your BT Hub.
    It is not your own personal home Wifi which has a different name. (a name that you can change).
    When you have a BT broadband (or EE broadband) account you can connect to the EE Wifi anywhere that you can see it for free*.
    EE Wifi is put out by all BT Hubs in addition to your own personal Wifi.
    *You can turn off the EE Wifi that is being put out by your BT Hub, but if you do that then you cannot connect for free to the EE Wifi network anywhere else. (ie. If you share EE Wifi from your BT Hub then you can connect for free to wherever else it is being shared by other BT Hubs).
    This shows the Wifi's I can currently see, the top one is my own BT Wi-Fi - which I have renamed as 'Gridlink'.
    Next there is the EE Wifi which is also being put out by my BT hub - notice that it doesn't have a little lock symbol next to it. That's because it is 'open' so anyone can access it and see the logon page, but can't logon unless they also have a BT broadband account or an EE broadband account.
    The rest are my neighbours wifi's.
    PS. When I first changed to BT broadband it took a month to get my own BT Hub connected because of a line problem at Openreach.
    However it wasn't as big a problem as it could have been for me, because one of my new neighbours (not sure which one) already had BT broadband so I could connect to the BT Open Wifi (now EE wifi) being put out by their hub.

• meg00
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies.
    EE engineer has replaced the hub, and speeds have gone from 8 to 70.
    This could have been done remotely when I first contacted BT 3 weeks ago. 
    (and before I spent £300 on a new tablet...)
    Mary.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure