West Brom BS 60 Day notice ISA

Options
I have an existing ISA with Yorkshire BS so looking to transfer that, the West Brom BS has a 60 day notice ISA at 5.10% which I've not seen on Money Saving Expert or Money Facts Compare and I'm wondering if I'm missing something about why it's not there.

It doesnt have any restrictions on post codes and appears to just be a non flexible ISA with 60 days notice to withdraw/transfer.  

Later on when it is time to transfer out of this notice account how does the process work?  I tell West Brom BS the 60 day notice, but then closer to the time I tell ther new ISA provider to get the money on or after a specific date?  I've only done one ISA transfer last year which was on an account with no notice/restrictions so not sure of the process later on.

Thanks

Comments

• Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    And on Kazza242's thread 
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/401374/cash-isas-the-best-currently-available-list#latest
    West Brom BS WeBSave 60 Day Notice ISA (issue 2) - 5.10%
    Minimum deposit: £1
    Operated via: Internet.
    Notes: This is NOT a flexible cash ISA. Requires 60 days' notice to be provided.

• Aidanmc
    Options

Later on when it is time to transfer out of this notice account how does the process work?  I tell West Brom BS the 60 day notice, but then closer to the time I tell ther new ISA provider to get the money on or after a specific date?  I've only done one ISA transfer last year which was on an account with no notice/restrictions so not sure of the process later on.

Thanks

Ok so, if you want to transfer out an ISA from West Brom 60 day notice you need to send them a message or call to say you wish to transfer out the ISA.
    You will be sent a letter with (dates shown are examples of timescales
    Date notice given  27/03/24
    Due date               26/05/24
    Expiry date           03/06/24

You will then need to arrange to send ISA transfer request before DUE date

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Aidanmc said:

Thanks

Ok so, if you want to transfer out an ISA from West Brom 60 day notice you need to send them a message or call to say you wish to transfer out the ISA.

You will then need to arrange to send ISA transfer request before DUE date...

...to the new ISA provider. You'll usually find there's options for maturity instructions on the new providers transfer request form. It's the same process as a fixed maturity transfer so there's well established processes to handle it.
  • Aidanmc
    Options
    soulsaver said:
    Aidanmc said:

Thanks

...to the new ISA provider. You'll usually find there's options for maturity instructions on the new providers transfer request form. It's the same process as a fixed maturity transfer so there's well established processes to handle it.

West Brom must receive the ISA transfer request from the new ISA provider before the DUE date on the letter West Brom will send you when you initiate the 60 day notice.
    I have given my 60 day notice,but have not yet arranged any transfer request.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 April at 12:58PM
    Options
    Aidanmc said:
    soulsaver said:
    Aidanmc said:

Thanks

West Brom must receive the ISA transfer request from the new ISA provider before the DUE date on the letter West Brom will send you when you initiate the 60 day notice.
    I have given my 60 day notice,but have not yet arranged any transfer request.
    Obviously. Maybe I should have said, 'you will need to arrange with the new provider to send the transfer request well before the due date' for clarity.
  • NanookOfTheNorth
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family