IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye PCN for Costa car park

Options

Comments

• DaveSmith2020
    DaveSmith2020 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just an update. I drove to Costa to complain, the manager was not there, a staff member said they would contact me the following day, which is when the manager is back in. I never heard a thing.

Just written an email explaining the situation and will email to the CEO. I heard that is a good thing to do.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Just an update. I drove to Costa to complain, the manager was not there, a staff member said they would contact me the following day, which is when the manager is back in. I never heard a thing.

Just written an email explaining the situation and will email to the CEO. I heard that is a good thing to do.
    Absolutely, that is Plan A in the NEWBIE sticky.
  • DaveSmith2020
    Options
    Using their online form, I got a reply from Costa, shown below. What I find a bit confusing is that on the one hand they are saying there is nothing they can do, and on the other hand they will be requesting PE to cancel the ticket. Anyone know what happens in these circumstances?

Thank you for contacting Costa Customer Service.  We are very sorry to hear you have incurred a parking fine following your visit to our XXX Store. 

We do completely understand your frustration but we can confirm that Costa hasn’t any control over the car parking fines. The car park is operated by a third party parking provider and unfortunately we have no control over the time limit imposed or the parking charges and cannot influence any parking fines that have been given out. Parking restriction management is extremely common in retail areas and regardless of whether the car park was used to visit a Costa store, or any other retailers, there is no exemption from these restrictions if the time frames have not been adhered to.  The responsibility will always be with the driver to ensure they are familiar with the terms and conditions of the car park and to adhere to the terms accordingly.

Please be informed there is a maximum of 1 hour stay and there are also parking signs regarding the restrictions. In addition to this, there is a tablet near the tills for customers’ convenience so they can enter car registration details if they wanted to stay longer. 

However, I can see that you are one of our valued customer's, so, on this occasion if you kindly send me a clear picture of the PCN received along with all the details, I can pass it to the Parking provider on your behalf requesting them to cancel the parking ticket.

I am hoping to hear from you soon.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 April at 11:29AM
    Options
    Well you know what to do... it's right there.    We did say Costa would cancel it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DaveSmith2020
    Options
    Well you know what to do... it's right there.    We did say Costa would cancel it.
    You did indeed. The message they sent is ambiguous though because they are saying they can't but they will just ask if they can cancel it. Then its down to PE to see if they will abide by Costas request.
  • DaveSmith2020
    Options
    Costa's latest reply, with me having asked if they have arrangements with PE.

Thank you for sending the PCN details.

We don't have arrangements with the parking company. However, I have passed your details to the Parking Provider on your behalf and once I hear from them, I will be in touch.

Please be advised that we cannot guarantee any outcome.

• Mikeh2001
    Mikeh2001 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Costa's latest reply, with me having asked if they have arrangements with PE.

Thank you for sending the PCN details.

We don't have arrangements with the parking company. However, I have passed your details to the Parking Provider on your behalf and once I hear from them, I will be in touch.

Please be advised that we cannot guarantee any outcome.

Its probable that Costa dont own the land and that PE have arrangements with the Landlord directly.  Its highly likely the PE will cancel it in my opinion.  In the unlikely event they don't - its land owner (the principle) who CAN guarantee the outcome.
  • DaveSmith2020
    Options
    Mikeh2001 said:
    Its probable that Costa dont own the land and that PE have arrangements with the Landlord directly.  Its highly likely the PE will cancel it in my opinion.  In the unlikely event they don't - its land owner (the principle) who CAN guarantee the outcome.
    By landlord, are you referring to Costa?
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 April at 4:34PM
    Options
    DaveSmith2020 said:

Whoever owns the land and contracted the PPC where you parked your car. Costa may or may not own the land. You have to do some research.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mikeh2001 said:
    No.         
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback