Cheap things to do in London

Options

Comments

• Sarahspangles
    Sarahspangles Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Tube to the Design Museum in Kensington then Holland Park if it’s fine?
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 April at 8:27PM
    Options
    Timalay said:
    What about Spitalfields Market?  I'd be looking for a bit to eat for lunch before heading home and I see that's close to Liverpool Street.
    Or Borough Market on the southside of London Bridge. If the weathers good simply walk along the river, nothing cheaper than that. Plenty of scope to grab a beer and eats along the way
  • Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Timalay said:
    What about Spitalfields Market?  I'd be looking for a bit to eat for lunch before heading home and I see that's close to Liverpool Street.
    Spitalfields is great if you want to shop... Not so much for free stuff though.
  • Timalay
    Timalay Posts: 906 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Emmia said:
    Timalay said:
    I was more soo thinking of going there for a bite to eat for lunch, before heading off home on the train.
  • Emmia
    Options
    Timalay said:
    Emmia said:
    Timalay said:
    I was more soo thinking of going there for a bite to eat for lunch, before heading off home on the train.
    I wouldn't really bother for that either - whilst there is more choice than the station, the chains still dominate
  • Emmia
    Options
    Emmia said:
    Timalay said:
    Emmia said:
    Timalay said:
    I wouldn't really bother for that either - whilst there is more choice than the station, the chains still dominate
    Borough market has a better offering in terms of a market / indy vibe.
  • amanda1024
    amanda1024 Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Timalay said:
    Looks like the Sky Garden is fully booked for that Sunday.

I'm quite into science and technology if that's any help.
    I’d recommend the science museum then
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,630 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 April at 7:58AM
    Options
    Science museum would be an obvious choice and is free. Expect to queue as with all the free museums it attracts families. You could try and beat them and get there early but there will still be a queue.

I've not been to the science gallery that might be worth taking a look at in case it floats your boat.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,003 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I look here for ways to get reduced/free things in London.    https://falcons319.wixsite.com/anitaslondontrips/post/tags-to-find-stuff
  • Sarahspangles
    Sarahspangles Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The Science Museum has two queues, one for pre-booked tickets and the second for those without tickets, but that's basically just a 'holding area' where people get their pre-booked ticket on their mobiles and are then admitted.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback