O2 to Tesco Mobile Porting Problems

Options
Fermion
Fermion Posts: 163 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Due to O2 price increases, I switched our 3 family iPhone to 2 year Tesco Mobile Clubcard 30GB SIM only deals on the 7th March. (£10/month including perk and no price annual increase). I had PAC Codes from O2 for all 3 phones.

One port worked OK on the 8th March, but for the other 2 mobile numbers there were problems with only a partial ports. Both mobiles have data and can make outgoing calls, but can't send or receive SMS text messages or receive mobile calls. WiFi is OK.

I raised incidents (Case Numbers issued) with Tesco Mobile Service Agents on the 14th March and these have been escalated twice, including a Global Escalation but the faults still remain.(I have tried multiple reboots).  I called Tesco Mobile again on the 3th April and was told that Tesco Mobile IT team were aware of the problem which is a technical porting issue from O2 but they have been unable to identify cause of the fault. They said that no further escalations can be raised and they have up to 8 weeks to resolve the issue at which point I would be able to cancel the contract without any early termination charges (ETC) however if I did decide to cancel the contract I would loose our mobile numbers. They said they would continue to credit my account for these 2 mobiles.

They told me that a number of ex O2 customers were experiencing similar porting issues.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? If so what was the outcome? Is this just an O2 to Tesco Mobile (which also uses the O2 network)?

The main issue for my wife and son are that they can't access online banking services which require 2-phase SMS authentication. Also don't want to loose the numbers.

Grateful for any help or advice

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It sounds like Tesco have done what the OFCOM regulations and the procedure at mnposg.org.uk says they should. 

Porting is an incredibly complicated process involving routing of numbers. 

Your only alternative is if the troublesome numbers were originally on a network other than O2, thenyou could port the numbers to that original network and back again which would undo the routing. 

From a pragmatic point of view, I would buy a temporary SIM and use that with the temporary number it comes with until the O2 Tesco situation is resolved. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback